Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Question I ask in this video: I assume most, if not all, of you are using controllers. Are you using the D-Pad or Analog stick?

I'm using analog stick. But I fear my deadzone is not proper as I often turn to the left.

First daily upload, in which I survive far too many hilarious indiscretions. No music because I normally play with my own but forgot to do anything about it before recording.

I'm using analog stick. But I fear my deadzone is not proper as I often turn to the left.

I seem to have this problem occasionally as well.

Question I ask in this video: I assume most, if not all, of you are using controllers. Are you using the D-Pad or Analog stick?

Analog stick on a 360 controller. I haven't tried a PS3 controller, but I imagine I'd probably prefer the d-pad on that.

This Daily Challenge may have been my worst run of all time. I just made all sorts of mistakes I should be beyond at this point.

I cannot find a deadzone configuration feature. So I guess I'll have to live with it. The problem is that I let the stick lose to let it return to the center. Because of physics it will bounce a bit to the other side before returning to the actual center. And this tiny change is enough for the game to face the other way.

I played warmup games, and this still happened:

Blargh.

Analog sticks, 360 controller. Are "analog" and "analogue" different words?

I spent a good minute in sorrow after tonight's run.

I had 30 bombs, a jetpack, 13 hearts and I had just killed Anubis. I see the fucking idol and I'm like "I can grab it." I've never grabbed the idol in the temple. I'm such an idiot. GREED!!!

Ha. Unlike you idiots. I had my best daily challenge run so far. I reached 2-2 \o/ I don't think I ever got that far.

Just like hammerpants I wasted a sacrifice on a compass which was also in a box a little further down the level. I also sacrificed the idol to get a gold pooping monkey. I'm pretty sure that was a waste. I'm still not good at the whole tool and gear usage.

Got further than i ever got before:D

then discovered that the ice caves has no floor

Accidentally took a swim with my torch on a dark level which slowed me waaaay down and ended trying to juke the ghost.  Spoiler: it didn't go well for me.

I was doing just fine and then I misjudged my distance from a tiki trap.

The dead were so very restless today!

Whooolllllle lotta chatter on my run today. I talk about Argo and Earthbound and God knows what else. Pretty manic.

New record, reached 2-3. But why did it have to be a dark level. The jungle is already way too difficult for me. Seeing the ending of 2-3 in the above streams I'm sure I wouldn't have made it anyway. I did make a lot of mistakes in this run, I'm actually amazed I got so far.

I just got this game last week in the sale and have become obsessed with it. Right now no one on my friends list is playing this game daily like me so my leader board is empty every day. :( I am still not very good but I would really like to see how others handle each day's challenge.

My steam name is rabidlamb and my profile is here if you want to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997638118

I was doing OK until I got to the restless dead level and didn't know what to do. (This was also my first attempt at recording, so please ignore the dead time at the beginning, the point where the game lost focus for some reason and I had to alt-tab back in, and the not realizing the mic was on by default.)

This one isn't worth watching unless it's to laugh at how often I manage to hit myself with my own projectiles.

Felt like I had a bunch of close calls in this one.

Man that start to 3-1 with the alien lord and the shopkeeper right there was kind of a brutal way to start a level.