Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

I got to Hell and beat Yama for the first time. Hurrah! I had some insanely close calls...probably should have died at 11:20 and 46:15. Also I had to use about 30 bombs to beat olmec after he got stuck on a ledge I missed in the narrow shaft I made to kill him.

A bit tired. Robbed the first store, dropped the shotgun in the next store while trying to kill the shopkeeper. Not sure why I did that.

I'll Spelunk on any format going (though Steam is where I do most of my dying whereas the Xbox is where I collect most of my dust)

Steam: Wa Cezza

PSN (Mostly Vita - the 7 second save time after you die on the PS3 version before you can go again is almost unbearable): SpamRa

Xbox: unclemum

(I'm only now realising how little consistency my online self has)

Not doing well lately. Today I almost died in 1-1, and ended up dropping into a mantrap.

I was having a really good run, ghosting 2 vaults and grabbed a ton of health in the City of Gold, but I made a miscalculation on Olmec and couldn't get to the door to Hell.  Well nuts.

Also I'm considering streaming my daily runs while simultaneously talking myself out of it every time.

I manage to agonize over how to kill every shopkeeper in the mines, so this is a really long run that ends in 1-4 at the hands of a shopkeeper.

Completed a Hell run on today's Daily. I might get back into the habit of recording my runs, but I'm mostly indifferent about it, so...

Lots of firsts for me.  First time using Vlad's cape.  First time recording and uploading to YouTube.  And first time being first on the leaderboard.  I also streamed it but that technically wasn't the first time.  Also snagged the Speedlunky achievement earlier today.

Well.. at least I cleared the mines. Still not doing well, made so many stupid mistakes in the black market.

I call bs on one of today's jungle levels, the one after the black market. Didn't have to carry that Ankh around for long...

Better dash left instantly, or jump, as soon as the level begins.

Yesterday I had probably the most unexpected death in a while. I reached Hell, had over 20 HP, over a dozen bombs, jetpack and the freeze gun. I even got that lava amulet thing for the first time. Really no reason why I shouldn't at least reach Yama. I was in 5-3, freezing and stomping vampires as usual. Then, one switched to humanoid mode unexpectedly. I missed with my freeze gun, and a little jump-stomp dance began. At the end of the short, but frantic combat, I managed to stomp on his head. However, that launched me into the air with unexpectedly high velocity (like how sometimes happens with spiders and frogs). I was still in full combat mode, and before I had realized it, I had flown over a spike platform well above me, and impaled myself on the edge of the spikes. I had to spend a few moments gathering my thoughts after that.

This didn't happen in the daily challenge, but I thought it was an interesting bug. Apparently using the freeze ray on Anubis II has some interesting results.

I don't understand what the hell happened in the Temple today. I was once again well on my way to Hell (Hedjet, tons of bombs, jetpack and the kapala). I bombed Anubis, like you do, but he didn't drop the sceptre. I fought him at the bottom of the level, in a rather enclosed area, so it couldn't have flown very far. I conducted a thorough search, but found nothing.

This was the second day in a row that my promising Hell-runs have met somewhat unfair endings. Yesterday that instant boomerang man, which cost me the Ankh, and today this. Well, at least I beat Olmec both times, and used my bombs to mine out the gems in the last level for some relatively good scores.

I vaguely suspect that somehow the bomb you set managed to either launch the rock, boomerang, corpse, or whatever into the Ankh shop and set them off.

The only thing that could have been kicked up by the bomb you set were the bits of gold in the ground. But it is possible that some of the gold hit the shopkeeper on the top left.