Sign in to follow this  
Badfinger

7 Tips for Dating A Gamer!

Twig, do you realize our avatars are polar opposites? It's pretty cool.

Tip #7.1: All meals must consist of tortilla chips covered in shredded cheese and microwaved for 55 seconds. For gourmet meals add jalapenos.

FAKE GEEK GIRLS HATE HER FOR REVEALING THIS SECRET. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY.

Link please.

Anyway, here's my Tip Number 1: Any time your significant other begins playing a new game, ask: "Isn't that a baby game...?"

:tup: :tup: :tup:

So... this is what's really bugging me here: Why do all women stalk?

Twig, do you realize our avatars are polar opposites? It's pretty cool.

THE COOLEST!

I'm not going to click because you're right that it's transparent clickbait, but I'm glad the commentors bring some perspective the article needs.  The same thing happened with that "I dated a Magic the Gathering player" article that caused me to block all Gawker sites—the backlash showed attitudes like the author's were not at all prevalent.

Anyway, here's my Tip Number 1: Any time your significant other begins playing a new game, ask: "Isn't that a baby game...?"

Alternatively: "Wait, video games? Aren't those for babies?"

If your SO notices you starting a new game, you obviously have not been playing sufficiently discreetly, my lord.

Hahaha, yes! The keep the noise down lady must start cropping up in to everything!

But seriously... Why do all women stalk? This site doesn't even have a fucking about page explaining what's going on here!

But seriously... Why do all women stalk? This site doesn't even have a fucking about page explaining what's going on here!

My dear boy, do you ask a fish why it swims? Or a bird why it flies? No sirree you don't! They do it because they were born to do it!

Alternatively: "Wait, video games? Aren't those for babies?"

"Video games? Aren't those for babies?" I whisper.

He sits there, stunned. Then in a flurry of movement, he rips the SNES from the TV stand and smashes it on the floor, flinging small pieces of plastic around the room.

I smile. The tiara on my head catches the light and begins to shine, as I sit back on my throne of smashed video game consoles. The tiara reads: FAKE GEEK GIRL.

Anyway, those are my tips for dating the mystical gamer.

My dear boy, do you ask a fish why it swims? Or a bird why it flies? No sirree you don't! They do it because they were born to do it!

BXzlRjk.jpg

One weird trick for dating the person who writes the fluff on magic cards.

Magic card fluff text sometimes feels like the weird twitter of card games.

I feel like the website needs more pictures of women stalking their prey in nature then, luring the gamer from out of the brush with a Playstation gift card which is delicately balanced atop a bear trap.

BUT I really get the feeling that someone just just formatted the text wrong and went with "All Women Stalk" instead.

I found the about page and there is no mention of why "stalk" and not "talk." I am going to e-mail them now. I will post the response in this thread for all of those as frustrated as myself.

I am still confused. I am not going to be specific on that as I am still deciding.#

Also what does SO stand for? Do I have to read the article find out? I don't want tips on how to date a gamer; menbabies have cooties.

SO means Significant Other, because straight women exist so we can't keep saying girlfriends, and I can say SO or partner to mean my boyfriend.

You know what? Yeah, I wouldn't mind dating a gamer. I think I could cope with the incessant choosing between me and World of Warcraft.

I am still confused. I am not going to be specific on that as I am still deciding.#

Also what does SO stand for? Do I have to read the article find out? I don't want tips on how to date a gamer; menbabies have cooties.

The article doesn't use SO, I did.

It's significant other, because the article was about girls dating guys but I was talking about people dating (or being married too?!) other people. Some of those people aren't girlfriends probably.

...No I guess sombre overlord works.

Duh, I feel stupid now. I really should have been able to figure it out for myself.

Hey, great news! The site's name is explained:

How are you doing? I'm really sorry about the late response.

The owners originally called the site "All Women's Talk". However, they didn't think it was catchy enough, so they changed it to "All Women Stalk". The new name just kind of stuck with them so they continued using it. In connection to that, the word "stalk" is used in a positive way to mean obsessing over, say, a topic you really like (which is pretty much what we do on the site). We are by no means encouraging anyone to stalk/harass other people.

I hope I've answered your question.

Thank you for contacting us!

Wasn't catchy enough...

Thank you for asking. I am very grateful to have closure on the issue.

I think they made a smart decision. Asserting a non-falsifiable statement, that all women stalk, is an easier position to maintain than attempting to gather all of women's talk generated in one place. That would likely be very exhausting.