tegan

Let's Draw Video Games

I'm joining in on the project too! First image should arrive tomorrow.

I had forgotten how fun this was.

imgur is great also

I fear that one day Imgur will find out people are just uploading pictures and embedding them directly all over the web, and they'll panic and go out of business.

tumblr_ms7g6mhCMF1sgk71lo1_1280.png

"A strange game..." - AI War

First use my tablet has seen in years.

I've got a lot of learning to do :P

I fear that one day Imgur will find out people are just uploading pictures and embedding them directly all over the web, and they'll panic and go out of business.

Considering it was built for people to upload pictures and post them on reddit I suspect they already know.

Yes, but they've also said that they're giving Reddit users more freedom and exempt them from many of their rules. Also, I think they want people to link (to the Imgur page,) and not embed, but I can't remember why I think that. Also, I don't really worry about that.

When you upload pictures to imgur, they give you a huge list of url's to copy, one of which is a directly embeddable HTML code, and also a BB code. I always took that as direct endorsement to embed the images everywhere you want.

Yeah, and there are lots of ways they could prevent embedding, too, if they really minded.

I don't think I've ever actually used imgur as whatever the heck it's supposed to be. I just have an imgur Chrome extension that lets me upload/screencap/rehost things. I never look at the actual website.

I'm not a very good drawing man but I do cover my notebooks at work in varied silly video game-related doodles. Here is one that raised some bemused glances in a meeting full of development leads. 

gordon.jpg

Here is one that raised some bemused glances in a meeting full of development leads. 

[obviously a Half-Life doodle]

You need to get some new development leads if they were all bemused by that.

You need to get some new development leads if they were all bemused by that.

I bet they were thinking "Erm.... Gordon in a lab jacket being attacked by a headcrab? Clearly post-incident, which would _require_ that he has his HEV suit, therefore non-canon *snort*".

I for one love it, and hope more of this completely whimsical Half-lifing continues to be made!

Haha. The reality of that is I couldn't remember how exactly a HEV suit is meant to look.

Gordon is obviously time-travelling from Half Life 3 back to the original incident. This is before he becomes G-Man.

Hmmm, perhaps we should post this in the Half Life 3 thread?

I don't think we ever get to see Gordon pre-HEV, but I'd suspect lab gear like the scientists. Thrik I like what you've done with it, reminds us that Gordon is a scientist :D

I like the idea of a Half Life 3 with Gordon back trying to do science, distracted by headcrabs. Half Life 3: Publish or Perish.

At the beginning of Half-Life 2 he's probably wearing that generic citizen outfit, since the guards treat him as a citizen.

Didn't he... wear a clown costume? On the train? I mean, you never see it, but I just always pictured that. Floppy shoes, facepaint. It's the only explanation why the guards react so badly on him, at least that's what I made of it.