tegan

Super Smash Bros. (Spoiler: Snake Kills Ganondorf)

Twig, are you talking about the weird pixel-y houses? That's Pac-Land!

I've played a lot more Pac-Land than I ever did Pac Man!

If Pac-Land is featured in the game as a stage (also he uses a fire hydrant for an attack), one of his alternate costumes had better feature that jaunty little red cap.

Twig, are you talking about the weird pixel-y houses? That's Pac-Land!

Yeah I was. Thanks.

...I didn't know there was a Pac-Man game that wasn't Pac-Man.

...I didn't know there was a Pac-Man game that wasn't Pac-Man.

I hope they include something to do with

, the autoscrolling Adventure Game where you control a slingshot and try to manipulate an asshole Pac-Man instead of controlling him directly.

Yessss! Pac-Man 2! I remember trying to play that on an emulator.. I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to be doing..

Conan's "Lets Play" last night was pretty amusing, i like his interpretations of weird video game things that seem normal to the initiated...but would be wild and bonkers to an outsider.  constantly reminded of Dota...like "eat a tree" to get health back, or 

the game looks great, but i got this weird feeling of sameness.  

familiar feeling of the first time seeing the gamecube version (pre HD, so the graphics are relatively good looking)

i dont know what i was expecting, but the "wow" factor is just less.  being said, the new characters, modes, and potential with amiibo (SP?) is really interesting.  

maybe the combination MK8, SSMB, potential zelda, everything else they've shown - could be the influence to get a wiiu

The Pac-Man expanded universe is one of the weirdest things that exists.  You have to control his "moods" in that game to get him to take certain actions at certain times.  It's actually a rather brilliant idea, but it is so weird that it appears in a Pac-Man adventure game where Pac appears to be roleplaying as Bart Simpson.

Haha that's kind of the lamest medal I've ever seen. Still, it was a cool event so I guess that's not too important.

Can somebody explain to me why people seem so excited about Pac-Man being in this game? I've always thought that 3D Pac-Man looks kinda stupid since it's impossible to be as iconic as most of a circle if you have 3 dimensions. He's also not a character I think of as having signature fighting moves, or really any signature moves other than eating things.

Because it's PAC-MAN! MAN!

Also, I'm not fond of his 3d look normally, but I think Nintendo really nailed the design, making him much more appealing than he's ever been. Same with Mega Man. And Sonic. Hmmm...

Well, Pac IS back, if the marketing campaign for 'Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures' is anything to go by.

Although he doesn't look like the spunky remake Pac that we will all know and love. I really hope an alt costume for Pac Man is this:

IMG_2253.jpg

I see it more as a metaphor for addiction what with the look of desperation in his eyes. He tells himself that eating dots will help him escape from the ghosts, but really they just bring the ghosts closer and closer.

I just appreciate that Pac-Man decided to wear a shirt with a picture of himself on it.

I just appreciate that Pac-Man decided to wear a shirt with a picture of himself on it.

It's so he can point to it when he needs to explain to the ladies just how famous he is.

I just looked it up, assuming there was a creepy 3d pacman game I'd not seen, and that's what the box artist imagined was happening in-game? That's horrific, I assumed it was just constraints of 3d modelling but no, it's an aesthetic choice that is gross as anything.

Pac-man must have really brought out the existential horror in artists back in the day. 

I just looked it up, assuming there was a creepy 3d pacman game I'd not seen, and that's what the box artist imagined was happening in-game? That's horrific, I assumed it was just constraints of 3d modelling but no, it's an aesthetic choice that is gross as anything.

Like bad fantasy novel covers, old (bad) video game covers are sort of their own kitsch-art thing. the in-game art was so abstract that it needed embellishment to appeal to mass markets, but at the same time the artists available were...not good. It's actually kind of interesting to see what the various different approaches were, from translation like that pac-man cover, to actual game graphics, to the weird cartoonified representation of game assets stuff that Sega's Master System cartridges were.