Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Why all the Tom Nook hate? You arrive at the city homeless and with no job, no reference, no credit... and he gives you a loan WITH NO INTEREST and with NO TIME LIMIT.... He's a bloody saint, dammit!

In the original game he would force the next upgrade upon you without your permission, forcing you into deeper and deeper debt every time you managed to pay it off.

I'm not really paying attention, but I'm pretty sure he gives you an option in this one? Maybe?

Frankly, I don't remember, but it's not like you can upgrade forever and nobody says no, they all want more room to fill their house with trinkets. You could very well not pay and stay as a tiny house forever, but it's YOU who wants the bigger house, if you don't want it and you can't say no, they just don't pay for it, it's the same effect.

Okay well I explained the reason for the Tom Nook "hate" (which isn't even hate, it's just acknowledgment that he's some kind of mafia lord - also known as: a running gag), so I don't really know what else to tell you!

Yeah, it's just a long-running in-joke with fans that Tom Nook is a loan shark.

I remember seeing in an interview that Nintendo was explicitly trying to make him seem like less of one for this game.

lame nintendo laaaaame

They also apparently made Resetti a one-time thing unless you buy into it (by rebuilding the center as a development project) because he was scaring kids or something? What.

It sounds like he actually ends up being in the game more, though. There's supposedly a whole quest line about funding his anti-resetting operation.

I don't think it's a huge issue, and i find it hilarious that Resetti was apparently making children cry, i've heard those stories too.

Well, it's a pretty zen game, a screaming angry mole would scare a little kid if you didn't know it was there, I guess.

Whoa, if you want to stock on fruit, play the diving mini-game, I did nothing but collect fruit and the time ran out and there was still fruit to collect. Unfortunately, they were bananas.... which is a bad thing because I love bananas, but I didn't know they were in the game and my beach is already filled with coconuts! I guess I'll cut almost all of them down and restart? *shrugs*

friend code: 3308 4555 2546

name: teg

ACNL name: Tegan

Town: Beanburg ("Twin Beaks" wouldn't fit)

I have cherries, plus I'm growing a pear tree and a perfect cherry tree. Don't buy my hats yet, 'cause I want all of them.

Best thing: I'm currently living in this crappy little tent with no furniture save for a lamp and a HUGE ASS CLAW MACHINE my friend bought me. He also got me some sweet space pants

Twin Beaks is brilliant. That 8 character limit has scuppered some great town names.

1375-7319-9172

Gavin

Town: Bell Air

Bell Air is peachy. Don't have much going on at the moment. Got a house, started building a bridge and I'm filling up the museum.

A bunch of foreign fruit finally blossomed on the fertile grounds of Vidyagam. Is it just me, or has it been super rainy the past days? Finished my campsite today at least. Hoping to get my last bridge done tomorrow!

Wow, have you guys checked the rest of the content on the site where I found how to tell if a painting was a fake? It's super useful, it even tells you what you can catch in the village right now!

I also learned how the perfect fruit works, it seems that only your "native fruit" can become perfect and it can only be planted in a town where it's the native fruit too, but they can be sold on other villages for a mint!

I forgot your ax could break, I guess that means the gold and silver items are in the game? The guide says you buy them in the musuem shop, what I don't understand is why isn't the shop available yet I donated a metric ton of items, I guess I have to talk to Blather's more?

June is the rainy season! It's been raining a bunch in real Japan, too, hahaha.

Another week and I'll be able to join you guys. Woowoo!

1375-7319-9172

Gavin

I added you. I think I've caught up and have everyone in the thread, although tegan and Squid something haven't added me back. I am a man shunned by his fellows.

:zoid: 

2621-2620-2232

I forgot your ax could break, I guess that means the gold and silver items are in the game? The guide says you buy them in the musuem shop, what I don't understand is why isn't the shop available yet I donated a metric ton of items, I guess I have to talk to Blather's more?

I have the same problem. I've donated half the bug and fish encyclopedia already, plus every fossil I've found, including completing the T-rex, and two genuine paintings, and talked to Blathers every day since the 9th, but I still don't have that option yet. It might just be a thing where you have to have the Nookling shop upgraded for a certain amount of time first or something like that. I haven't seen anybody give a definitive, specific answer for how to unlock this.

For the museum shop, you apparently have to donate twenty items, at least one in each of the four categories. Then i think you have to wait a week, then you talk to blathers at night, then the museum upgrades are opened as a public works project.

1375-7319-9172

Gavin

Town: Bell Air

I've added you.

I feel like I'm making pretty good headway in this game. I've got the flower shop, something is being built on Main St (this may be my Dream Suite, I paid it off today), and the nooklings are expanding. My house has a second floor and i'm getting a side room. I have an orchard with 3 of every fruit I've seen. (Still looking for apples, persimmons and cherries.) Everything I catch goes to the museum first and my collections are looking pretty good (except for art, that Foxy bastard keeps selling me fakes.)

I feel like I'm making pretty good headway in this game. I've got the flower shop, something is being built on Main St (this may be my Dream Suite, I paid it off today), and the nooklings are expanding. My house has a second floor and i'm getting a side room. I have an orchard with 3 of every fruit I've seen. (Still looking for apples, persimmons and cherries.) Everything I catch goes to the museum first and my collections are looking pretty good (except for art, that Foxy bastard keeps selling me fakes.)

Did you glance at that guide that was posted a few pages back? There are clear ways to spot the fakes.

tumblr_moly03vpDb1swso3io1_400.jpg

Sorry Thumbs, Rudy wasn't taken with his new catchphrase...

I decided to mostly read today instead of play Animal Crossing. I think it's my first day where I haven't turned a profit.

HLGxzOD.gif

welcome to Swank Manor. The west wing is larger now and there'll be an east wing tomorrow. Also, check my sweet buns

cYIrZC7.jpg

puttin' in a new streetlamp

GmOZeCy.jpg

I'm like 80% certain that if the animals could drive vans, Vladimir would have somebody stuffed in the back of his

kCYQwGW.jpg

Redd finally showed up! I correctly identified which piece was not a fake. And they said Art History would be useless!

6YITNLx.jpg

Streetpassed this cool guy. The fire thing plays the Super Mario Bros. castle music

Y7V4a8O.jpg

PT6SO0h.jpg

Have I mentioned yet how much I love Lloid's weird Adam West affectations?

Have added several people. Holy shit teg, your town looks amazing! What's your play time? Mine's an embarrassment in comparison! I need to buckle down.

I just opened my gate, and i'll probably leave it open for an hour or two.