Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I probably still have more trees than you, and i've actually started pulling down my normal fruit trees in favor of a perfect apple economy. Some day, those trees will all wither and die, but for now, there is much money to be made. Hooray, bubble economy!

Wait, wait, how did you make that Nintendo exhibit at the museum? Is it something you can get with an upgrade or what?

The second floor upgrade that gets you the museum shop also opens up four extra rooms that you can display just whatever in.

Personally, i plan to store all my Gyroids there.

Oh man, that's brilliant! I can't wait to get that, is anybody sure how to unlock it now?

Apparently you need at least twenty items in your museum, one in each branch, and to have spoken with Blathers on fourteen different days.

Then he'll suggest the museum expansion as a public works project.

Ahhh, Animal Crossing was released later in Europe, so it makes sense that I can't do that yet. I think today is my 14th day? I'll see if I can get the option today.

EDIT: I did and HOLY @#$% I made so much money at the island in one trip I already had enough to pay for it in ONE DAY! YES!

I guess i am, do you need anything for your village? Edit: I'll leave my gate open for probably an hour or so, if anybody is interested.

Also, i just tried doing the SSID trick for the Raccoon Clock and couldn't get it working, did anybody else have trouble with that? I definitely didn't make any dumb mistakes, i know how to setup a router.

Sno, sorry I missed you last night. I still need peaches and pears. Maybe a few oranges if you have a lot. I only had one orange and the tree isn't fully grown yet. I think I have all the other fruit except the persimmons and bamboo, but that'll come with the garden store upgrade. If there's anything you need, I'll see if I have it. My latest expedition is trying to get all the wetsuits. I have 3 so far. I think there are 8.

I just went to the Best Buy close to me to get the clock. I think the guy working back there thought I was crazy. Maybe I'll try it from the sidewalk outside next time. Lol. If you figure out the SSID trick, let us know, it's a lot more convenient.

I'll be playing later. I'll leave a note here to see if anyone else is playing.

I found this note from another guy in Canada that had a problem, maybe it'll help...

So I tried changing my SSID to Bestbuy but I left the security on.....it didn't work.....tried again by removing any security keys......It Worked!!!! Woohoo. I can confirm for my fellow Canadians that you can get the item by doing this from home.

I changed my routers Ssid to Bestbuy and removed any security. Then I started animal crossing, went to the post office and asked for a gift.. Simple as that

I also saw a post somewhere about people in the uk using a different name than bestbuy. If the above doesn't work, I'll see if I can find what they were using.

I got it to work fine, but for a period of about thirty seconds I had no internet connection and it was terrifying.

Also, I believe the Best Buy gift changes to the cat tower tomorrow and the monthly downloadable gift changes to the palm tree lamp the day after that. So act fast!

Club lol finally opened in my town, it's kind of amazing. KK's DJ routines are awesomely elaborate.

Hey guys...anyone playing? I'll be playing on and off for a few hours.

I have some perfect apples i need to sell in a town other than my own, want to open your gate?

Sure. Do you have any peaches or pears you can spare?

I have both, but i don't know if any of those trees are bearing fruit right now.

I'll grab any i can find.

I can now confirm that it's just a matter of K.K. not giving out tapes during a multiplayer session.

He also only gives you a tape for the first requested song, but lets you request as many songs as you want.

Did he give you one after I left your town, or do you forfeit it by playing mp before you get it?

After you left, i requested another song, and he gave me a tape/record/whatever for that one, but no more for any songs beyond that.

Oh man, there's an amazing dream town at 2600-0218-7298. It's kind of a guided narrative through this creepy story. Protip: All that the Japanese NPCs say is "I love mommy" and gradual corruptions thereof.

I went to this town...creeeepy! Also, in the house with the maze made of signs and stools, I went through it to get to the back room, when I got back to the front door, one of those creepy little girls was standing there blocking my path out! I had to keep going through the maze two or three more times for her to move enough so that I could leave. I don't know if it does that every time, but it really added to the creepy factor. :)

I was wondering what the creepy girls were saying, until I came back to respond to this post. Thanks!

Guys, I just discovered something... I just got the silver shovel and had no idea what it could do and... Remember the money rock? I hit it with the shovel and it spat out ORE! I don't know if this will happen every time, but that's pretty awesome.

I know there are programs that let you take an image from the net and turn into the format you need for Animal Crossing, but even though I can make pixel art on my own, it's just so inconvenient to it with the 3DS's tiny touch pen. Are people just that patient or do they have a program that can just dump an image into a QR code?

Today is the last day to catch the Violin Beetle, I messed up yesterday because I didn't know it only appeared during the day, so I'll be playing for a while today. I'm pretty sure I'll have time to open the gates or visit someone else, but I think I pick all my fruit clean? I don't know if anything grows today.

I do believe I have an extra Master Sword though.

EDIT: OK, this is the last day to catch the violin beetle and it's still raining in my town... I won't be able to catch one this way! Does anybody have their town in a sunny day? Or could you catch one for me? I tried the island but it seems it's always June-August there, so I could catch the Longhorn Beetle.

Guys, I just discovered something... I just got the silver shovel and had no idea what it could do and... Remember the money rock? I hit it with the shovel and it spat out ORE! I don't know if this will happen every time, but that's pretty awesome.

I know there are programs that let you take an image from the net and turn into the format you need for Animal Crossing, but even though I can make pixel art on my own, it's just so inconvenient to it with the 3DS's tiny touch pen. Are people just that patient or do they have a program that can just dump an image into a QR code?

Today is the last day to catch the Violin Beetle, I messed up yesterday because I didn't know it only appeared during the day, so I'll be playing for a while today. I'm pretty sure I'll have time to open the gates or visit someone else, but I think I pick all my fruit clean? I don't know if anything grows today.

I do believe I have an extra Master Sword though.

EDIT: OK, this is the last day to catch the violin beetle and it's still raining in my town... I won't be able to catch one this way! Does anybody have their town in a sunny day? Or could you catch one for me? I tried the island but it seems it's always June-August there, so I could catch the Longhorn Beetle.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, it stopped raining and I caught one! HUZZAH!

OK, I'm an idiot and hit "quote" instead of edit and furthermore I can't find a "delete post" button.