Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I got yet another Fire Flower, and also Midna's Mask and a hero's cap if anyone wants them. It's really weird that you can't sell the duplicate Nintendo items. I guess that's to encourage trading with other people?

I'm also flush with silver slingshots.

I finally filled up all of the slots in my storage locker and now I'm not sure what to do about it. I guess it's time to just start selling anything that I don't want to put in my house and can re-order from the catalog... kind of a bummer. I've considered starting an additional character to get another house, but that seems like a dangerous road to go down with the amount of time I'm already wasting playing this game.

I'd love your extra hero's cap if it's still available. Have you posted your FC?

FOSSIL UPDATE

NEED:

Apatosaurus Tail

Dimetrodon Torso

Megacerops Torso

Spinosaurus Tail

Stegosaurus Head

Peking Man

HAVE SPARES OF:

Iguanodon Skull

NINTENDO JUNK:

HAVE SPARES OF:

Bad Bro's Stache

Fire Bar

Peach's Parasol

Yoshi Egg

ALSO: I need axes. Lots of axes.

What I really want is a website where you can keep a checklist of all the items that you have in your catalog, and you can cross-reference that with other people's lists to arrange trades and stuff. I'm kind of surprised that doesn't already exist.

If you are serious about something like this, I could make a google document or something like that. I was thinking of some easy ways to format it and find what you want from a list like that. If any one has any ideas let me know.

I actually found a spreadsheet you can download, I downloaded it and just deleted the ones I didn't have and pasted it to a Google doc. 

Should I feel bad that I will eventually time travel to catch them? I don't see myself playing this next spring. :|

I was envisioning something much more elaborate and impractical to make, but a Google document would be cool. I've found a few sites that have the information I'm looking for (item name, cost/not for sale status, sell price, series/set, feng shui colors, customizability), but it's all scattered in different places and not easily combined into a single checklist. It's probably not actually worth the effort to put it all together, but if someone else did it, I'd be happy to use it!

I'd love your extra hero's cap if it's still available. Have you posted your FC?

Yup, it's in the second post in this thread.

In other news, my Doug cosplay is almost complete.

post-8283-0-97666000-1373222771.jpg

I just need some better shorts. If anybody has some basic brown/khaki/cargo pants-like shorts, hit me up.

Oh yeah: there are apparently two completely different pieces of furniture called "washbasin."

post-8283-0-69497200-1373222997.jpgpost-8283-0-61055100-1373223013.jpg

Weird. I got the first one from a villager and the second one by ordering it from Reggie's house after being confused when the item called "washbasin" wasn't what I thought it was.

I have an extra Majora's Mask.

I'd like to have the Fi Mask if anyone has an extra one. Also, I still need pears, if anyone wants to trade for something. I'll post as I get more duplicates.

Oh I thought you meant a list for ease of trading? Were you looking more for that or a master list?

I also really like that kettle is there anyway I can get one from you? I'll pay you/give you something if you want. Sorry I don't have a hero's cap to give in return.

Is anyone else trying to collect all the wetsuits? I have 5 so far, I believe there are 8. If anyone else is collecting them, we can post what we need and get extras for each other and trade as we find them on the islands.

I still need:

red

orange

red/white stripes

I plan to start picking up an extra of the rarer ones as I come across them. If anybody's interested in this, let me know.

I'd like to have the Fi Mask if anyone has an extra one. Also, I still need pears, if anyone wants to trade for something. I'll post as I get more duplicates.

I have an extra. What's your friend code? Mine is 0387-8790-2867.

I also really like that kettle is there anyway I can get one from you?

Sure. I can just give it to you. But I don't think I have your friend code either.

Oh I thought you meant a list for ease of trading? Were you looking more for that or a master list?

Yeah, what I really want is a list that has all that information, and I can log into it and check off the things I've got in my catalog, and then I can link other people to that list and also look at their lists, do searches to see what items they have that I don't, etc. It would be a pretty big deal to set up, which I guess is why nobody's done it.

I have an extra:

Ankylo Tail

I'm looking for a red, orange, or red/white stripe wetsuit.

Shammack:

My FC is: 2251-3904-5813

Do you still need the Styraco tail?

If so, I have one I can trade you for the mask. :)

If you are serious about something like this, I could make a google document or something like that. I was thinking of some easy ways to format it and find what you want from a list like that. If any one has any ideas let me know.

I ALREADY DID THAT, TWIGLET. GEEZ.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av_3scf2ITGzdG1zM1IxU2I2QTE1a0hrMUt5YS0tVWc#gid=0

You can save a copy if you want to use it. U:

Doesn't include any furniture, though. YET. Actually I doubt I'll ever do furniture. There's a lot of it. Might do specific Rare Sets, though.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about for trading or some such. Well, whatever! I added a column for "has an extra". Although now that I think about it, you can't trade fish or bugs so that's only useful for the fossils spreadsheet. Well, whatever! and it's not really all that useful for trading even then because everyone would have their own spreadsheet. Well, whatever!

Do you still need the Styraco tail?

If so, I have one I can trade you for the mask. :)

I actually got a styraco tail today, but you can just have the mask. I have some pears you can have also if you want. If you can give me anything from the astro or sleek sets in return, that would be great, but if not, don't worry about it. My gate is open now.

I don't have either, but I'll keep you in mind if I come across any. Also, I would love to have some pears! Thank you! Heading your way now.

Sure. I can just give it to you. But I don't think I have your friend code either.

Yeah, what I really want is a list that has all that information, and I can log into it and check off the things I've got in my catalog, and then I can link other people to that list and also look at their lists, do searches to see what items they have that I don't, etc. It would be a pretty big deal to set up, which I guess is why nobody's done it.

Added youuuuuuu, and you're currently playing now. Can you open your gates within the next ten minutes or so? After I gotta run to work!

Added youuuuuuu, and you're currently playing now. Can you open your gates within the next ten minutes or so? After I gotta run to work!

Sorry, I must have been on the island or in Cubby's town.

Ok thank you! And my friend code is:2723-9272-7410.

Nintendo of America posted the code for their official Dream Suite town: 5700 – 2038 – 6151. Things to note:

1. There are famous mushrooms all over the place. Whenever I get these in my town, I sell them because they're worth a lot, but since you can't take them out of the Dream Suite anyway, I recommend eating them.
  2. You can get a bunch of designs from Wendell, including Reggie's face, in case you want to recreate his bed.

I had a 2x2 space on the cliff by the sea, so I figured I'd build a public works project. I set up a water well and invested 50,000 bells; and then FIVE MINUTES LATER a villager walks to that spot and tells me we need a lighthouse.

arglebargle

I spent 1.3m bells on turnips this week, at 94 per. Y'ALL BETTER LET ME KNOW

WHEN YOU GET A GOOD PRICE, YO.

I keep catching scorpions, but the only tarantula I've seen in the past two days just faded away before I could do anything. My bug encyclopedia is at 80% now and I really don't want to have to wait until next year to get that stupid overstuffed spider.

Speaking of which, it looks like I might be done with my house payments soon and when I've caught all I can this season... I don't what to do to NOT use time travel. I guess I could just play a little each day, but that way I'll get bored more quickly. :|

Is the tarantula seasonal? I've only seen one of them so far and it got me before I could do anything.

Weird, I've caught several tarantulas but haven't even seen a scorpion yet...

I haven't seen a scorpion either... and I've only seen two tarantulas. I caught one, and the other one ran behind my house and vanished somehow.

(By the way, sorry for bailing on the island, Cubby -- my wife needed me to go pick something up from the grocery store.)

Speaking of which, it looks like I might be done with my house payments soon and when I've caught all I can this season... I don't what to do to NOT use time travel. I guess I could just play a little each day, but that way I'll get bored more quickly. :|

This is pretty much the opposite of how I feel. To me, part of the appeal is coming back to it every day to discover what's new in the shops and in my town, and to slowly make progress on collecting things and decorating my house. I feel that to blow through all that stuff by time traveling is to cheat yourself out of a lot of what makes the game interesting. But that's just me.

I haven't seen a scorpion either... and I've only seen two tarantulas. I caught one, and the other one ran behind my house and vanished somehow.

(By the way, sorry for bailing on the island, Cubby -- my wife needed me to go pick something up from the grocery store.)

This is pretty much the opposite of how I feel. To me, part of the appeal is coming back to it every day to discover what's new in the shops and in my town, and to slowly make progress on collecting things and decorating my house. I feel that to blow through all that stuff by time traveling is to cheat yourself out of a lot of what makes the game interesting. But that's just me.

Not a problem at all, Shamm. I really just wanted to see what was for sale on the island. But I DO like playing with someone that I know won't try to wreck my town when I lose sight of them. LOL. This game is so much more fun when you can visit other people's towns. I'm older than most who play this game, so I don't know people in real life who play it.

I would also have to agree with you Shamm about the appeal of this game. I love being able to do as much or as little as I like on a given day. I also like the long term aspect. I don't want to solve it all in a few days. I want to look forward to the holidays, new neighbors, earning new tools/badges, etc. There's always a surprise around the corner. :)