Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I really wish you could visit other's town while they are away,

I remember hearing that you actually can do that, it might just be something that takes time to unlock.

I mean, i just unlocked the streetpass functionality.

There's a way to eventually build/access a Dream Suite, where you can upload a "dream" of your town's state for others to visit. I haven't looked into it yet, though.

I guess we're all still discovering what is new and what is the same, huh? I guess Blather's daughter is gone? And he also doesn't talk as much, he used to have flavor text for every item you gave him, but now it's the same thing every time. :(

I haven't even started doing mayor stuff yet, I so want to build a new bridge ASAP.

I guess we're all still discovering what is new and what is the same, huh? I guess Blather's daughter is gone? And he also doesn't talk as much, he used to have flavor text for every item you gave him, but now it's the same thing every time. :(

Yeah, I was a little disappointed by that. There is still flavor text for every item if you go into the museum and look at the plaques after you've donated it, but it's not written in Blathers's voice, so it's a lot less amusing. I've heard that

you can eventually unlock another floor to the museum and his daughter will be up there, but there's no observatory/constellation stuff this time

It's been several days, and the Nooks still have yet to get a fishing pole, so I was wondering if anybody had one that hey would be willing to give me .I'm willin to pay, give some pears, or swap a net or shovel. Plus, if anybody just wants to mess around, that'd be fun with me. Like, if somebody has the island unlocked, we could play the game there or something. Just an idea. My friend code is 5129-1034-0694. My name is Jackson

Did you finish the tutorial with Isabelle? You can get one from her if you tell you like fishing during the tutorial.

It's only my second day and I already have a spare fossil? It's up for trades of course.

Did you finish the tutorial with Isabelle? You can get one from her if you tell you like fishing during the tutorial.

It's only my second day and I already have a spare fossil? It's up for trades of course.

Thanks a ton for that advice! I'm still open to playing around if people want though.

I wish I would have seen that about the fossil sooner, I gota duplicate my first day, but I just sold it,

I'll probably keep duplicate paintings too. If anybody does catch an extra bee, I'm pretty sure we'd be grateful for a trade to save us all the pain of the stings. :P

I think trading for another similar item seems fair and if the only person that needs it doesn't have anything you want, ask for it's value in bells? Or just give it if you feel generous.

I just got access to the Happy Homes or whatever thing, which allows you to share houses via Street Pass. You store a "model" house that you can then go into and look around and apparently purchase things on display.

My store's got a fishing pole and a shovel today, and I grabbed a net earlier, so those are up for anyone who wants them. Fruit other than oranges and pears would be a welcome trade, but I'm not bothered about getting anything out of it. I find it strange they don't just give you these things at the outset, since they're involved in so much of your main interaction with the game.

Unrelated to anything being said, but i goddamned love Tom Nook's silly little sweater vest.

Okay, I've jacked into this thing. What do I do? I sold some flowers and bought a shovel, which I used to dig up a bunch of fossils. Hopefully my house is done tomorrow.

edit: And of course I donated them to the museum; I'm not some piece of shit.

The first things to go after are getting Nook to build you a house - which you've done - and then getting your mayoral approval rating up to 100%, everything else will start gradually opening up after you do those two.

Run through your secretary's tutorial dialogues, she'll hook you up with some of the basic necesseties and let you know which fruit is your town's desired fruit.

Also, i just added a ton of you guys to my friends list.

Also, i definitely received a Virtual Boy from the fortune cookie thing, It will be proudly displayed in my home once i have room.

I've gone from three 3DS friends to 20 or something, due to AC:NL coming out. Still haven't got it, though. I WANT TO GET INTO TOWN!

I've been expanding my house and collecting sharks with the intention of creating a basement shark maze.

Also, I started my mayoral duties today! I'll have a bridge built by tomorrow, plus the shops will be open later due to an ordinance I passed. This game.

god I am contemplating getting a 3ds just because all my internet friends seem to be playing this. that seems an awful lot of clams to drop on one game though.

god I am contemplating getting a 3ds just because all my internet friends seem to be playing this. that seems an awful lot of clams to drop on one game though.

I've been wanting one for games like Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, and Luigi's mansion, so the bundle seemed like a perfect idea for me.

Yeah, Animal Crossing was the decision point for me, too. It opened the gate for some of the other stuff that I thought looked interesting like Super Mario 3D Land and Pushmo. Also, Picross e came out on the eShop yesterday, and I loves me some Picross.

Dang, I saw a bunch of you playing before I had to leave for an errand and nobody was playing when I was back. 

Hmm, it's still Spring in Animal Crossing world for a few days, right? I really hope I don't missing any Spring exclusive fish and bugs.

Some highlights:

aJtC7Z6.jpg

Knox is not part of PC master race

rC3ZdOf.jpg

creepiest possible look

rlaLWSl.jpg

Blathers had the craziest childhood

uQKXcNS.jpg

catching this ultra-rare butterfly for the first time. Domestically, even!

iCTbrcw.jpg

museum's comin' along real nice

Whoa, what's that huge fish on the far left in the museum picture? I haven't seen one of those yet.

My town is rockin' along pretty nicely. The gardening shop opened yesterday, and today the sleeping guy in Re-Tail woke up, allowing me to customize my furniture. I haven't really figured out how that works yet, but I've got him modifying my common bed to turn it purple. And I just got a second story on my house. I built a campsite and convinced a robot frog to move in, which is pretty cool, but now I'm having second thoughts because I really want to get Tangy or Bob in my town and I don't know if I'll be able to do that once I've already used up my campsite move-in.

If you want to make quick cash, I highly recommend going to the island at night/early morning and catching some exotic beetles. If you fill the island storage box with stag beetles of various kinds, you can easily make over 100,000 bells per trip. (Just ignore the fruit beetles and wharf roaches; they're worthless.)