Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

...that would be a terrible power for a child to wield. Especially if he happens to find his mother's 'back massager' and uses the power on it. Poor kid, scarred for life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Goggles

Google Goggles is a downloadable image recognition application created by Google which can be currently found on the Mobile Apps page of Google Mobile.[1] It is used for searches based on pictures taken by handheld devices. For example, taking a picture of a famous landmark would search for information about it, or taking a picture of a product's barcode will search for information on the product.[2]

So apparently the N-Gage's original design was the first one submitted, entirely as a gag, and never intended to actually be used. It's a goatse joke. Even has the ring.

Y4PqgwM.png

God's damn it, why were there no good looking cars in the 90's.

Ok, there was the McLaren F1, but otherwise. I need 3 badass cars for my movie, and I've already got a 1969 Corvette C3 with the ZL1 Big Block engine. Not only does it look badass

save08_small.jpg

But the damned thing could apparently be rated up to 560hp from the factory, pulling up to a 10.75 second quarter mile, perhaps the fastest of any car that year or for quite a while. I need two roughly equivalent cars, preferably from different eras, different manufacturing locations, and just as rare as the one year only Corvette C3 with the ZL1 Big Block. But the problem with the intervening years (80s-90s) is that the Porsche 959 can't be brought into the US as it never met exhaust specs, and every other car from those 2 decade looks like crap. Box crap from the 80's, kinda a amorphous squishy crap from the 90's. Gah!

I too dislike the look of cars from the 90s.

I also recently came to the realization that I really don't like change. I held out for years and years against getting any kind of cell phone. And now I wish I was still using my old Motorola Razr, and not this smartphone, because I don't like the touchscreen or being unable to flip it closed. I still use a Hotmail email (despite having a Gmail account) more because I'm used to it than any other reason. Every generation of consoles I complain that we don't need to keep improving graphics, they're fine where they are (since the PS2 era, anyways). I still don't own an HDTV.

I just feel like I'm some kind of backwards person in regards to technology, some kind of ancient fossil stuck in a 22 year old body. I'm afraid that I am going to lose all the things I'm interested in because I don't like the apparent progress of technology.

Also, I apologize if this seems rambling or whatever, I've been drinking some AMAZING alcoholic ginger beer.

Red Bison makes a good ginger-bread beer seasonally, or at least they did. It's good stuff.

Right now I have a deliciously spicy bottle of "Crabbie's Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer". Its good. I might try to check out that Red Bison stuff, sounds good.

Crabbie's is good. I've been enjoyig Melville's lately. Also a good alcoholic ginger beer. I don't recommend Granville Island's attempt though. Not nearly as good as other options.

I have now moved onto a bottle of "Black Creek Pumpkin Ale".

I should have started with this one, I think the strong, spicy flavour from the ginger beer is affecting my ability to notice any subtle flavours that might be present here. Instead it just tastes like a generic beer to me.

I also recently came to the realization that I really don't like change. I held out for years and years against getting any kind of cell phone. And now I wish I was still using my old Motorola Razr, and not this smartphone, because I don't like the touchscreen or being unable to flip it closed. I still use a Hotmail email (despite having a Gmail account) more because I'm used to it than any other reason. Every generation of consoles I complain that we don't need to keep improving graphics, they're fine where they are (since the PS2 era, anyways). I still don't own an HDTV.

I just feel like I'm some kind of backwards person in regards to technology, some kind of ancient fossil stuck in a 22 year old body. I'm afraid that I am going to lose all the things I'm interested in because I don't like the apparent progress of technology.

Be careful you don't turn into Ray Bradbury.

I love tech, but I still don't want a smartphone. Possibly because I don't really make or receive many phone calls and partially because my home phone is totally rad.

4NR7zLo.jpg

What did Ray Bradbury do? I know of some of his work, but I know nothing about the author himself.

And that phone looks awesome.

What did Ray Bradbury do? I know of some of his work, but I know nothing about the author himself.

Bradbury was basically some kind of luddite who hated modern technology. He never drove an automobile and refused to allow his work to be published as ebooks.

"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now."

Oooh, I see.

Well, at the very leasty I am open to eBooks and at least up to modern technology standards.

...though I don't have a driver's license... Maybe I should start writing again, maybe I'll become as well known as Bradbury.

I also dislike change, but only if I'm unsure about it being change for the better. I do, however, love upgrades. Upgrades always give me a great sense of satisfaction. Consumerism has consumed me in that regard.

I love tech, but I still don't want a smartphone. Possibly because I don't really make or receive many phone calls and partially because my home phone is totally rad.

4NR7zLo.jpg

I think making and receiving phone calls is actually one of the least-used features on smart phones. Mine might as well be a 'waste time on Idle Bums anywhere' device. Very useful for toilet breaks.

I think making and receiving phone calls is actually one of the least-used features on smart phones. Mine might as well be a 'waste time on Idle Bums anywhere' device. Very useful for toilet breaks.

Speaking if which, time for a loo break.

Tegan, I can imagine knight rider having that phone.

Reading through this Reddit thread hurts my soul and speaks volumes to what the average thinking and knowledge about video games as a medium is.

I read little of that before it started to blur into a mess I couldn't be bothered to read — I really can't cope with reddit. All I managed to glean from my attempt was that those dudes really like Butcher Bay.

Reading through this Reddit thread hurts my soul and speaks volumes to what the average thinking and knowledge about video games as a medium is.

I get that with most Reddit threads in general really. Not always the video games part.

4NR7zLo.jpg

I can confirm a smartphone is totally worth it those few times you might really need it. I don't do shit on mine 99.9% of the time. I've got a Windows 7 phone and I say "good enough" except when I want to play Tiny Thief. Otherwise, when I really need to look something up online right now (I love finding new coffee places if I'm somewhere outside my hometown) or am just going somewhere new it can be absolutely essential.

Stocking up on something like Ting.com and a $100 older phone from craigslist is worth it, simply because you won't actually pay almost anything and yet you'll still have GPS and internet when that .1% of the time comes up.

I know about smartphones (my job that I'm on leave from is doing insurance claims for smartphones, so I had to make sure I knew my stuff) and I get that there's other uses and such, but I still don't want one. I actually did have a cheap android phone for a little while and kind of hated it, and although it's not quite the same I had a third-gen iPod Touch that I don't miss in the slightest.