Frenetic Pony

Nextbox 1080: The Reckoning

Yeh, the always online thing makes a little more sense after that article. Still not keen, but it at least makes more sense.

Xbox Fusion apparently :fart:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551716

So like a fusion of TV and games and shit, i see what you did there Microsoft .jpg

And we know the TV shit is coming from this Larry herb blog post:

On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment.

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/24/xboxreveal/

There were rumors some time ago that the PS4 will be handling things in exactly the same way, and i hope people will notice that Sony has been expertly dodging any questions about DRM and always-online.

Anyways, i don't like the sound of what that Polygon article is saying about achievements.

"Microsoft is playing around with cross-platform achievements as well. Ideally, these achievements could be earned by playing a game on the next-gen system and then using a companion app, a website or maybe even by playing a specific game, like a prequel to a next-gen title, on the Xbox 360."

"LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE" is the grossest kind of achievement, and that sounds like the direction Microsoft is going in.

Also not into the idea that they want to continually tweak and add achievements to games. Having a goal line is part of the appeal, when you're at 900 points as there's a few tough achievements left to get.

I distinctly remember Sony coming right out and saying it won't require an internet connection to play games a few months ago.

Isn't that Gilette? ... and, yes it is. For the record, I use Mach 3. I'm a Mach 3 man.

Yes it's fake, I think I did quite an ok job for a 5 minute hackjob.

Revealed at Xbox event.

I think the fusion thing could be rubbish as they've had the domain since 2004 or was it hella foresight

What if you are actually ghost soldiers!? You have to haunt terrorists and... and... I don't know where I'm going with this

What if you are actually ghost soldiers!? You have to haunt terrorists and... and... I don't know where I'm going with this

...well, it sounds more fun than the typical Call of Duty game.

Your goal is to scare the terrorists using only occasional bursts of interactivity with the environment... you can knock a cup off a ledge or push a button, but cant stay within the physical realm for extended periods of time... Done right this could actually be kind of neat.

I meant the Fusion thing.

Call of Duty: Ghosts of Christmas Present is not rubbish, but a beautiful name.

Gillette Venus: ghouls of Easter

I just had a crazy flash back to my childhood. Did anyone read the little dracula when you were a child, litterally the best children's box ever!

If you have children BUY THIS BOOK

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Draculas-Christmas-Dracula-Books/dp/0140506586

So good :)

http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/little-draculas-christmas.html

Speaking of good children's books, Walter the Farting Dog is actually pretty fucking hilarious even for me. And to keep this post on topic, I would love to see a Walter the Farting Dog game on the NextBox (that was a joke).

The problem with branding it Xbox anything again means people with just call it Xbox forever and we will be forever confused about what system we are talking about exactly. Most people don't expect you to play original Xbox games, but I think the shelf life for the 360 is going to be be milked for 5 more years at least.

Maybe they'll stealth rename the 360. You throught you owned an Xbox 360 then boom it's a Microsoft python or a windows 8 cobra or a fusion adder

Xbox Infinity, soon to feature Halo Infinity, "Xbox Live Gold: Subscription for Infinity", and more Halo Infinity.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/report-microsofts-next-console-will-be-called-xbox-infinity/

Of course, since it's not registered I doubt that's the name. Maybe they don't even have one yet. If not I suggest "XYZbox, Feel the Power of Xboasaurus Rex."

Good! Because that x thing in the logo would have driven me nuts. I mean, what if x=-1 ?!

So, one week from now we'll be watching the next box event... My interest is at an all time low.

It's crazy for me to think we haven't actually seen anything of this machine yet and I'm already bored of it