tegan

Pokémon X and Y

I can't seem to find any information about each versions exclusive Pokémon, do they just have exclusive evolutions?

I posted this in the Wailords Management thread:

Thus far we know that Xerneas, Swirlix, Clauncher, and Mewtwonite X are X-exclusive while Yveltal, Spritzee, Skrelp, and Mewtwonite Y are unique to Y. I'm picking X because I really like the idea of a Fairy-type legendary, but I've been really tempted to get Y.
The reason for the unusually tight lips this generation is more due to both a simultaneous global launch and the fact that nobody's been able to hack 3DS carts, so there's no data dump beforehand like there has been in the past.

Oh, by the way: today is the fifteenth anniversary of the North American release of Pokémon Red and Blue. Pokémon is almost old enough to drive.

15 years ago on this coming Saturday I was sitting bored out of my mind at a meet for my swim team...  my friends and I hated those to no end, but the cool thing was that all the nerdy kids who were only on teams due to the 'encouragement' of their parents would bring their game boys and link cables, and the things would turn into giant portable LAN parties in-between the actual races. My best friend happened to be on the team with me, and his super-nice mom decided to bring us this new 'Pokemon' game as a reward for doing our best.

And she soon regretted it, because I proceeded to miss being called for my big event because I was busy training my Charmander. Good times!

Oh hey, so I guess they just announced a second Mega-Evolution for Charizard that's exclusive to X. I'm guessing there'll be more version-exclusive Megas than previously expected.

j7vkKGK.png

The best part? It's finally Fire/Dragon.

what's the second venosaur mega evolution CAUSE VENOSAUR IS MY BOY

So this is actual audio from the Pokémon :The Origin special that aired in Japan yesterday. I feel very uncomfortable about picking Charmander now.

That was... pretty disturbing. I guess if a turtle thing chomped down on your face, you'd scream, too. Actually, it reminds me of Zapdos' horrible cries of pain in Pokemon the Movie 2000. 

So I've been trying not to pay attention to leaks at the moment since we're so close to release and none of them are officially confirmed, but they're popping up everywhere so I figured I'd at least post a comprehensive list behind a spoiler. An asterisk next to their typing means that it's presumed.

This is your last chance to turn back!

evte3Qv.jpg

There've been reports that Mega Stones have been found for these Pokémon, but nobody's caught said monsters yet to see what their megas look like:

Druddigon, Galvantula, and Heracross

There's also a list somewhere of Pokémon that have been confirmed to have retroactively become Fairy-type, but I don't have that.

TEG'S THOUGHTS:

I really hope Delphox is fake, but Greninja seems alright. Chesnaught is kind of meh.

Honedge's evolutionary line takes a weird fucking turn.

I really like Flabébé's evolutions.

The two ghost plant lines are pretty neat.

I REALLY like Skrelp and Clauncher's evolutions.

The barnacles look dumb.

Luchador bird is amazing and has the typing that Staraptor should have had.

Apparently the Goomy line is this gen's pseudolegendary, so I'm sure I'll like it.

Klefki! Sort of cute, sort of dumb.

Mega Charizard X is clearly the superior Charizard.

Mega Gengar looks stupid and I hate it but at least it lost its Poison typing.

I really, really hope Mega Gyrados is actually Water/Dragon like it should have always been. That Flying type makes no sense and it's always held it back.

Mega Aerodactly looks like it got hit with a billion Stealth Rocks.

Mega Abomasnow is a WEIRD choice because Abomasnow is kind of terrible. Thanks, Obamasnow.

I don't think I'll get to the end of Black before this is out :(. At least I have a few months until, bank is out. I just need my guys from Heart Gold and Ruby

Red track for life

Red-Gold-Ruby-Heart Gold-Black(arguable)-Y

I took a brief break from the Red track for LeafGreen and Soul Silver, but that's only because they were remakes. Everyone on the Y train!  :clap:

I'm totally going to pick this up because i'm stupid as hell. I played like 2 hours of either diamond or pearl and a couple of hours of red/blue at a friends place years ago. 

i don't want my pokemon to fight though, i just want to pet them and take them on nice walks through a forest. 

I've long since come to the realization that Diamond is all the Pokémon I will ever need in my life. I played Yellow, then Diamond, and I'm still combating my way through that one. I'll never finish it.

I only got to the point where I beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon Black. Still tempted to get the new one since my wife doesn't really play her 3DS anymore, but I dunno.

I don't understand basically anything in this thread but I'm very excited to try this this week. There have been a few massive franchises I've never bothered with at all, then got into late and hugely enjoyed. I'd like to think this could be another. #teamY

What's with the Saturday release though, is that a Japanese thing? Odd.