tegan

Pokémon X and Y

please trade with meeeee

There's some legendaries and one-offs I know I'll need to complete the Pokédex that I'd like to just borrow for a moment, but if you're interested in a serious trade I'm also looking for a Genesect.

...Also, just since this thread got revived, this is the most hilariously mean thing I've ever seen:

Apparently you need some indirect damage to kill it?

Yup. Poison, confusion, spikes, weather, etc would all kill it; but the guy didn't come equipped with any of those.

An update for anybody else still playing: a special Vivillon is being distributed through Mystery Gift right now to commemorate 100 million online trades. It has the unique "Fancy" pattern and the unique move "Hold Hands," which seems to do nothing.

I just got this, and am three badges in.  It's the first Pokemon game I've played in a long, long time.  The mechanics are great and incredibly addictive, but egads are the "story" and world terrible.

I'm more or less wandering from town to town on rails for no coherent reason.  Each town has hilariously bad artificial gating that keeps you from moving on till you've gotten the next badge.  The citizens of these towns all think I'm the most incredible person ever to walk the earth, and fall over themselves to give me whatever item they have on hand.  It's a wonder that Pokemart isn't my official sponsor.  Everyone is pleasant, happy, and trouble free.  Well, everyone but those orange Team Whatever guys.  Best I gather so far they're trying to make a world where only they are happy... which, doesn't make any sense because they seem to be living in some sort of utopia world where everyone is happy all the time.  Is it that they're not happy and want to be, or that they are happy but don't want everyone else to be?  To be honest, it seems to me like this sick, stepford-esque Poke-world could use a dash of adversity to spice up the bland monotony of it all.  Here's to Team Whatever and their dastardly schemes!

It's a real shame the actual game sucks so much when the core mechanics are so good (the animation is also top-notch).

Each town has hilariously bad artificial gating that keeps you from moving on till you've gotten the next badge.

sC786MR.jpg