toblix

Half-Life 3

Aw, no reaction from Rodi? I've been waiting for weeks to annoy him with this!

Oh! I'm terribly sorry. How's this?

GAH! You ruined christmas, not just today, but for the next two years also, with your ill-thought-out, slambang comment!

Pretty sure this wont be coming out in 2013

Yeah, why would it come out in 2013?!

Maybe it's source code will leak in 2013?

Half-Life is an anagram for leaf fhil. what does "fhil" tell you? its a sequence with missing letters "g", "j", "k". Since it's 2013, take 3 from the end, so take the third letter. That gives us "leaf", "k" and 201. Since 2+0+1 is 3, we keep the first 3 letters of "leaf", which leaves us "lea" + "k" = LEAK!!!

Don't you remember? Ep3 came out in 2009, the g man hypnotises you during the credits so you forget you ever played it

G-Man_Gmod.jpg

It won't come out this year, but next. It's pretty obvious really.

2014: 2x0=0

4-1=3

0+3=3

3=Half Life 3.

I mean even someone who got an E in GCSE maths could figure that out.

Exciting news! I'm bumping this thread to annoy Rodi again!

Valve is hard at work:

• Not releasing Dota 2 even though they said it would likely be released by now.
  • Firing people.

And Dota 2 is the only game we know of that they intend to release.  Even looking past Half-Life, do they plan on releasing or announcing anything?

I believe they've been working on the next generation valve engine stuff, among other things.

And presumably holding back on announcing new games that are built on the next generation engine, until they're ready to announce the new engine.

I may have whinged about this before, but really think about Valve for a second: if you happened to get a hundred or so of the smartest people you could find in a room and let them work, do you think you'd do quite so little as Valve appears to do? But I think the thing that bothers me the most is that Valve don't really come up with their own games any more. They bought Team Fortress, Portal, Tag: The Power of Paint, Left 4 Dead and DOTA and basically polished them. They are far less impressive as a company when you realise that the vast majority of the company are basically superfluous.

For a superfluous employee base they sure boast a high per-employee profitability. I dunno how true it is (it's not really verifiable as far as I know), but it seems plausible. Who knows.