pabosher

Obligatory Comical YouTube Thread II: The Fall of YouTube

It's really hard to tell with metal, but my natural biases towards assuming that everyone's just acting unintelligent until proven otherwise make me think the band are hamming it up. The bit where he slips, and then they start moshing except for the one guy behind the beat, and then they stop except for the same guy, and then they're throwing snowballs...

Snowballs aren't metal.

Yeah black metal fans are notoriously not self aware. This is the original video (I'm a big metalhead, but this shit is fucking awful):

Also, they're called Black Satans and the song is called The Satans of Hell?! That's my first hint at lack of self awareness.

Also, they're called Black Satans and the song is called The Satans of Hell?! That's my first hint at lack of self awareness.

I'd call that a sure sign of self-awareness.

Yeah black metal fans are notoriously not self aware.

Uh it's the opposite. U:

I don't know, I watch a lot of Immortal videos when I'm bored. They, and the bands youtube links to off their videos, have zero ounces of self awareness. I give no benefit of the doubt when it comes to black metal.

Man I promise plenty of black metal bands absolutely know the shit they're doing is ridiculous. I guess I can't really prove it to you because you have your own set of proof, and I honestly don't have any off the top of my head. It's just something I've seen a lot of over time. (EDITED to remove unintentional dismissive tone!!)

Showed this to my housemate, who has a better understanding of metal; he points to the general amateurish nature of the video, film quality, lack of choreography, as suggesting lack of self-awareness, and then started ranting about a band he otherwise likes called Pain of Salvation that takes terrible pictures of themselves trying to look like a metal band.

I'd gather that self-awareness is distributed in the population fairly typically, and like most things the people who have self-awareness are probably better at whatever they're doing.

Bwhahaha! :tup:

Also, Immortal is serious stuff:

3:40 onwards for the best bit.

Everyone knows about Babymetal right?

Reminds me of Kabbage Boy

What the hell? For those who don't know Canada, this happened in the town that is pretty much where our old people go to live out the last parts of their lives quietly. I love how much difficulty the cop has keeping a straight face. My parents live a few blocks from there, I should probably make sure their chips are secure.