ThunderPeel2001

Broken Age - Double Fine Adventure!

No, no adblock etc. I could try clearing my cookies/cache, but I hate doing that - I've always forgotten a few passwords and have been relying on them being remembered by the browser. Besides, all the others are playing fine.

You should be able to delete specific cookies in Chrome, probably others too. Just finding any that come up for 'vimeo' or 'kickstarter' would do it I imagine. It's a useful thing to rule out before getting too carried away as cookie-related bugs are something that can easily be introduced by changes to the website code but are unfortunately inconvenient for developers to resolve short of saying 'wipe your cookies' due to the client-side nature of them.

2 Player Productions uses a feature Vimeo offers to only make videos playable on certain whitelisted sites—in our case, Kickstarter.com and doublefine.com. We do this because documentary videos are an exclusive backer reward. Unfortunately it occasionally also causes weird problems that we have been unable to effectively troubleshoot except to suggest people try using a different browser temporarily, which seems to have worked for the vast majority of users (as long as they don't use adblock etc.). Beyond that there's not much we can do. Whether it's the correct solution to make them private or not is a matter of debate at this point, but we already made the promise during the Kickstarter campaign and we feel we'd be messing with backer expectation to go back on it—obviously not all backers would be bothered, but our sense of the community is that enough of them would.

Look, bastards. I haven't. And that's all that matters here.

I was a bit confused about the "leak" they spoke of in the documentary. The first I heard the news of the game's delay and split into two parts was through the Kickstarter update. Did news sites find this first and then the Kickstarter update happened because of damage control? I don't read the forums, so I can't tell what the exact time line of events was supposed to be.

I was a bit confused about the "leak" they spoke of in the documentary. The first I heard the news of the game's delay and split into two parts was through the Kickstarter update. Did news sites find this first and then the Kickstarter update happened because of damage control? I don't read the forums, so I can't tell what the exact time line of events was supposed to be.

Many news sites reported on that Kickstarter update. By "leak" they meant from backer forums to public, not from DF internal to public. It would have been fine in theory except many of the reports were based on just a small bit of pasted text, and drastically misinterpreted DF's actual plans and current state. Many of the reports were of course also fine, but the ones that went up really fast are (unsurprisingly) the ones with the least fully contextualized information (since full context would have required watching the accompanying episode that actually made up the bulk of the update) so an internet controversy erupted.

even though i joined the Broken Age party late (humble bundle), i had watched all of the videos and lurked the forums a bit before the announced split, so the decision to split the game seemed understandable to me, but if all you knew was that it made 3 million in the kickstarter and then it was going to be split into 2 parts i can see why that would sound bad.

so I'm not going to be the one to leak it to non backers because they explicitly asked us not to, but holy smokes. that latest bit of news. as a fan of that guy who does the other thing etc.

Yeah it's alright, but I really liked the documentary video today.

The announcement is great and the episode is amazing! Everything is coming together so nicely, it feels. Really excited to play this.

Are you talking about this announcement?

Cast reveal:

That was revealed publicly at PAX, no?

Ah ha, found the correct announcement thread. Will be publicly announced in approximately 12 hours' time.

It does not yet excite me as much as it would some people, but I am planning to become one of those people very soon due to having recently gained access to the relevant thing. But even without that, I enjoyed the video in that thread.

Ben, don't you receive the update emails from the kickstarter? The announcement video was in the last one.

Also, hope you enjoy watching the relevant series. It's weird, but wonderful.

I got back from the Day of the Devs thing, and I gotta say I haven't been following the documentary at all or anything so this was my first real look at Broken Age, and it is really cool looking!

I was also impressed with how Space Base is looking. There's some very nice art style coming out of Double Fine these days.

I got back from the Day of the Devs thing, and I gotta say I haven't been following the documentary at all or anything so this was my first real look at Broken Age, and it is really cool looking!

I was also impressed with how Space Base is looking. There's some very nice art style coming out of Double Fine these days.

Day of the Devs was great! I saw a guy in an idle thumbs shirt and said "that's a great shirt!!! you are the best!!!" and he said "yeah," and went over to look at SpyParty.

Yeah I've been sort of intentionally avoiding all the Broken Age updates and the early access release, because I'd like to play it as a whole game. But that also means I hadn't seen any art or animation or anything, and it was super impressive.