Jake

IDLE THUMBS KICKSTARTER!

In the time it took me to sign up and pledge, the final 5 grand got donated.

Holy crap. So awesome. This has totally been worth spending the last 9 years of my life here :tup:

Congratulations guys, and bon voyage!

So what you're saying is: You haven't already donated to Double Fine Adventure...

I donated the second I read about it. But I've got a problem: I'll be getting a broadsheet/newspaper. One that I already have. What should I do with that extra copy?

(SUNGLASSES.)

Banned there, Dan that.

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAH!

cue Won't Get Fooled Again

I'm going to celebrate by re-listening to an episode (I never did that before). Which one do you recommend?

Jeff Gone Goldblum.

$35k what is this nonsense. I wasn't even gone for that long. Just before I left I check the thing and it hit the goal.

Jeff Gone Goldblum.

I started with the first one instead and am actually pretty amazed that even that one is the best episode, like (almost) every other.

Oh man, the sirens!

This raises an important issue: Is "Idl3 Thumbs" (as Steve has been calling it on Twitter) going to continue the feature of sirens?

I feel like an investor, investoring moneys for awesome thingies.

This raises an important issue: Is "Idl3 Thumbs" (as Steve has been calling it on Twitter) going to continue the feature of sirens?

they said they were going to rent a space in the worst part of town, so more sirens \o/

This is one of the most amazing quotes that could ever happen in this context. Speechless.

(DOFFS CAP.)

That's why they haven't banned me yet!

they said there were going to rent a space in the worst part of town, so more sirens \o/

EVERYBODY STOP PLEDGING! If you give them more money, they'll find a nicer place with no sirens.

or... pledge more so that they can hire a police car to run by once in a while with sirens on.

They could always hire someone with the extra money to run by the studio during recordings going, "weeeeEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOooooooo."

That's awesome! Congratulations to you guys, and good luck! :tup::tup::tup::tup:

I look forward to all kinds of pods being cast in my face!

He's got you there Dan. You are so banned.

I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those danged thumbs!

I was waiting until payday. Worry not, I will be pledging to Doublefine too. Idle Thumbs however, overcame all sense of monetary self preservation

They could always hire someone with the extra money to run by the studio during recordings going, "weeeeEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOooooooo."

If I lived in the area, I'd do it for free. I'm having trouble keeping myself from doing it right now.

Yeah, it's kinda crazy to see so many backers compared to the people here in the forums, but then again, I listen to several podcasts whose sites I never visit. :blink:

There are probably plenty of people like me who lurk on the forums, but never post. Never underestimate the power of lurkers.

If I could contribute enough money to make you all quit your day jobs and do nothing but make podcasts I would. Ideally it would be a live-streaming documentary of the History of San Francisco's Emergency Responses.

This is the best news, I freaked when I saw this. Idlethumbs is one of the best sources of intelligent game critique ever. Pledging even though you have already met your goal.