Snooglebum

Is anybody a sad human like me, and have not played any LucasArts adventure games?

I've think you've outstayed your welcome, Snoogs.

Surely you've touched an Indiana Jones somewhere?

Racy.

Those might have the highest barrier to entry. Maybe start with Loom?

Beyond that, have you played any SCUMM or SCUMM style games?

I've played a few, but never beaten any of them. I guess I'm in the same boat as you, or in one slightly ahead at best.

Not a single Monkey Island?

No Full Throttle?

No Day of the Tentacle?

No Indiana Jones adventure?

No Maniac Mansion?

No Grim Fandango?

how is that even possible?!

Surely you've touched an Indiana Jones somewhere?

Actually, this (Fate of Atlantis) is the only LucasArts adventure that I have not beaten. I really need to install it on Steam and get on that shit.

Snooglebum, considering a lot of this site's original crew migrated over from things like Mixnmojo and Adventure Gamers, I'd say that a year or so ago you'd be all by yourself. Since the podcast attracted the new audience, you're probably in much better company but that's no excuse to remain ignorant. Get the pack on Steam, as well as the remasters of Monkey Island 1 and 2. Loom is pretty good but not essential. I love The Dig, but people seem to disagree with me about that quite a bit. Fate of Atlantis is really good from what I've played, but I need to do more of that. Monkey Island (both) is absolutely essential. I'm really hoping for a Day of the Tentacle Steam release someday, but in the mean time those releases should do. If you get the chance (though they're incredibly hard to come by these days) Curse of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, and Full Throttle must also be played. Seriously, with so many of them on Steam, you really have no excuse. Unless you get really stuck they shouldn't take you more than a couple of sittings. Play those things and feel better about yourself.

How did you even get in? Wasn't there supposed to be a lot of random questions about old Lucasarts' adventure games during registration to make sure you are not a spam bot or otherwise wouldn't fit here.

I only played it recently, but Fate of Atlantis seemed a bit more straightforward and "user friendly" than many of the other Lucasarts' adventure games. Except for the final part which was complete shit.

Nappi is right, the forum scans your computer and doesn't let you in unless if finds SCUMMVM or some Lucasarts adventure in your hard drive....

It then asks you 100 questions about every Lucasarts adventure ever made, you need to get 90 right to get to the next step...

Ghost pirate LeChuck materializes in your room and you must defeat him with what ever you have in your pockets...

Then you have to find a bigfoot.... Am I forgetting anything?:erm:

Ignore this rabble. It's fine.

Also, play Full Throttle.

It always very much comes across as the style of game where if you didn't play it at the time, or in your "Youth", it's hard to get into. Not because of when they were made, but moreso just the engine and framework of the games. It's not your fault, you've just been "spoiled" by newer things, in comparison.

In other news, I've played some, but never BEAT one. I might do Full Throttle.

Played and finished (with varying degrees of youthful strategy guide abuse) all but The Last Crusade, Maniac Mansion 1, and Zak McCracken. Legitimately own all but Zak. To be fair, those are the older ones with a more Sierra style love of killing the player, as far as I remember.

Ignore this rabble. It's fine.

Also, play Full Throttle.

I just checked ebay out of curiousity - holy shit it's only £2.90. Anyone know if it will work on Windows 7?

I just checked ebay out of curiousity - holy shit it's only £2.90. Anyone know if it will work on Windows 7?

Good call. I've just bought myself a copy as I've only played it once before and can't really remember much. Chris & Jake's love for it has got me wanting to play it again.

Good call. I've just bought myself a copy as I've only played it once before and can't really remember much. Chris & Jake's love for it has got me wanting to play it again.

Next stop... The Last Express.

Next stop... The Last Express.

Hmm...there is a copy of it on Ebay for £27.50 atm...

Hmm...there is a copy of it on Ebay for £27.50 atm...

I know.

Don't you dare buy it :(

My biggest problem with PnC Adventures is that usually the answers are so convoluted that I would never even DREAM of the correct answer. A lot of the newer stuff, aka Machinarium and Sam and Max S3 I'm doing better with though, which is good.

Honestly, the biggest problem with adventure games is that they aren't avilable anymore. I still can't belive how big of a luck I had to find english(since I buy most of my games in Austria, at least I did, where most games are localized with no english option) Full Throttle and 3rd Monkey island in some local online store. Also just bought the Steam packege couple of days ago and am enjoing Fate of Atlantis more than I expected.

Don't linch me if I haven't played so many adventure games as I should. They just didn't exist for me.