Snooglebum

Is anybody a sad human like me, and have not played any LucasArts adventure games?

That is awesome, it propably means that Beneath the Steel Sky DC is coming also to Steam. Got to get ready for purchase! :tup:

The remastered edition features new animated movies by Dave Gibbons, a context-sensitive help system and improved audio quality. [7] The game was released September 23, 2009. The animated movies in the iPhone remastered version make use of the original stills and use a style like sliding paper to animate them. There is also an inclusion of a new cut scene on the end of the game (after the credits) which may be a hint as to the plot line of the sequel...

Not that much added content, but still worthy of a purchase, even though I just few days ago downloaded the free ScummVM enhanced version from GoG.

I cut the end of the quote to leave it "spoiler free".

Just picked up Full Throttle on the cheap. This game feels pretty much like every other LucasArts adventure game in terms of gameplay, but the writing and characterizations are so completely not what I associate with LucasArts. In a good way, of course.

It's just so satisfying when you need to pump a guy for information, but instead of handing him some sort of carefully-contrived bribe, you [grab that sumbitch by his nose ring and slam his face into the bar].*

Now that's empowerment fantasy in gaming!

* Whited-out for awesome spoilerage. Also I don't know how to do actual spoiler tags on this forum.

* Whited-out for awesome spoilerage. Also I don't know how to do actual spoiler tags on this forum.

Like this:

[noparse]

Bruce Willis was dead all along!

[/noparse]

Wait? There's a sequel to Death Becomes Her? "Death Becomes Him"?

Just picked up Full Throttle on the cheap. This game feels pretty much like every other LucasArts adventure game in terms of gameplay, but the writing and characterizations are so completely not what I associate with LucasArts. In a good way, of course.

Funny you say that, because I don't think it strays that much in terms of their flavor and design, but the puzzle you cite is definitely more with them in line of keeping the game realistic with the setting it is it.

The Full Throttle puzzles tend to be more cruel or heavy handed like Monkey Island 2, just way less inventory crazy. A lot of it works similar in a way to the construction of the two Indiana Jones adventures in terms of flow, like using fists and bringing action more suitably into an adventure game.

But eh, I never had a problem with action sequences, but I know some people get upset about it.

And to Patters, about the "yanks" comment... I'll concede that the first Broken Sword is above average and works as an adventure very well in terms of everything except some of the set ups, motivations, and a few puzzles, but I really feel like I have very good reason why none of the other Revolution adventures really work. I don't know if I should really get into it, but I've played Broken Sword 1 and 2, Lure of the Temptress, and Beneath a Steel Sky twice or more each. I stopped after Broken Sword 3. I had started with the first game, known to me as "Circle of Blood," felt that is was a good game, so I started checking out the rest of the adventures by the company only to be disappointed over and over.

It's really not about the "Britishness" of the games for me. Actually that would kind of be a selling point in a way, considering half the junk I like in terms of art, music, movies, comics, or whatever seems to be done by Brits. I guess the bigger problem is the games just seem to have no sense of urgency or vivid characterization (outside of 1 or 2 per game) that makes the game's narrative flow.

I think Beneath a Steel Sky is the perfect example of this problem. It starts out big, with a long sprawling introduction, making you think you are really in for some fun in a Blade Runner type setting, and then you end up doing a few domestic things and some light tasks until you realize you're already in the third act of the game. Everything except Broken Sword 1 and 3 seems to follow this. Shortness doesn't ruin a game for me, but they just feel so uninvolved. Broken Sword 3 just had a myriad of it's own problems that I would have to try hard to remember since it's been a while since I finished that. Then following behind all of this, Charles Cecil tends to get a bit pompous in interviews.

But this is all kind of off tracks since no Revolution games are as bad as Syberia, Longest Journey, or any of the mediocre new ones being released. I'm wondering if the Director's Cuts of both Broken Sword 1 and BaSS mend many of the problems. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Broken Sword's DC go into more about the motivation for both George and Nico? I still probably wouldn't recommend any for a start for a person that's "adventure game lite."

Nerdy Questions:

1) Anyone notice on Broken Sword that there seems to have been a different animation team doing almost all of the really great cutscenes? The intro, ending, and ferrari scene are the major ones I remember off the top of my head. The way the characters are drawn and how they move are much more skilled and different than the actual in game animation and many of the smaller cutscenes. Whoever this team was, none of the skill or nuances was used in the Broken Sword 2 animations.

2) Can someone tell me if there is suppose to be a back insert to the PC CD-Rom version of Willy Beamish's jewelcase? It's bugging me...

Broken Sword: Director's Cut is on Steam...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57640/

* Whole new story arc added, with 2 hours of additional gameplay

* Addition of contemporary first person perspective minigames

* New facial expressions drawn by Dave Gibbons, co-creator of Watchmen

* Help system incorporated – ensure that player won’t get frustrated

* Enhanced audio – both music and voices

Meh.. not worth it. Already have two copies of the game. But more importantly... fucking comic sans