Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

It's this stuff. I received some promotional stuff about it when it came out, which must have been during my teenage years, and thought, "Hey, that looks cool. Shame I'm too old for this stuff now." Cut to however many years later, and people are making a whole load of cool robotics stuff that solves your Rubik's Cubes and sudokus and things. Vindication for my past self!

Yeah, I think this is more likely. First they will crush our bodies with their physical might, then they will crush our spirits with their superior skill at novelty puzzles. After that, we will descend into a spiral of unparalleled despair and despondency, and will offer no further resistance.

This is pretty ingenious. It's almost as if you are behind it all.

You know, to be honest, if I had one I'd totally ride a Big Dog to work. It'd be like riding an awesome killer donkey around.

Will post-apocalyptic cowboys ride BigDogs?

I just had an image of the future big dog slipping and auto-correcting it's balance with people inside. Worst ride ever.

People are supposed to ride on Big dogs like horses. A future Big Dog though makes me think of some kind of Terminator Cyberdyne type of time travelling situation.

I just had an image of the future big dog slipping and auto-correcting it's balance with people inside. Worst ride ever.

You say that, but cars do

instead.

Giant baby is giant terror.

Not as long you don't have to change giant smelly diapers.

with robot babies it's less a matter of stink, and more of a matter of radioactivity.

On the way to work this morning a colleague and I decided that the wars of the future will be fought with BigDogs and synthetic bacteria. Well, we'd a already decided on the BigDog thing, but we augmented it with BIOLOGICAL MAYHEM.

The soothing music is not helping me keep a hold of the distinction between living things and robots at all.

The background music felt pretty sad actually. Probably because of the whole "end of the human era" thing I gathered from this video.

half way through when he started using "special moves" I started to sympathize with it. That's funny stuff.

Ha ha, I just raced over here to post the same thing. Its much less creepy. In a "I think I can crush it with my foot" kind of way.