Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

yeah right now it does.. wait 10 years and it will have the face poison injector system and can walk on the ceiliing..

Why have you posted twice and yet have a postcount of 0?

Because then bastards will keep making chit chat meaningless posts like the one I'm writing right now and suddenly look like hot shit.

I think, I don't even know. I doubt anyone looks at post count and join date because when tons of new members came after the podcast they didn't seem to realize that Thumbs existed before by the lack of noted confusion of members with a 2004 join date.

yes, yes. But the important thing, is that a robot competed on, and WON Jeopardy against Ken Jennings.

I don't think idle banter counts toward your post count.
But that's pretty much the only area I post in! NO MY PRECIOUS POST COUNT

I got about five seconds into the second video before scrolling down the page in abject terror.

AAAAAAAAAHH

AAAAAAH:

uzwK02OYrTk

It took me a second to get it. When I did, I actually screamed out loud and recoiled from the screen, because omigod, FUCK ME FUCK ME FUCK ME FUCK Me. That is right on the goddamn TIP of the uncanny valley, where it's the scariest. The way he blinks, argh argh argh argh argh. ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

It took me a second to get it. When I did, I actually screamed out loud and recoiled from the screen, because omigod

Since when is Dustin Hoffman in Wag The Dog terrifyiOH JEEZUM CROW NO

Monsterscan'tgetmeifI'munderthebed.

I kept expecting his head to suddenly rotate 360 degrees, like a steering wheel.

Actually, the shoulder movements and the "rigging" of the mouth and eyes are pretty impressive; they just need to smooth out transitions, remove the jittering feedback after a strong change and have a better rigged cheeks.

In terms of acting, the most recent animatronics of the Disney parks are way more impressive (Jack Sparrow's is pretty good but I can't find a video that does it justice) ... and they found a very good alternative for facial animation through projection (

)

Then again, it escapes me why would anyone want a realistically looking human obot ? Is there any direct application of this beside entertainment in parks?