Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

My uncle used to wear those Big Dog shirts, ugh. Does that company or it's stores still exist?

It's really BigDog's pants/legwarmers that make it freaky to me, if it just had exposed joints it would be less wiggly and organically creepy to me.

I'm glad we're working on creating things like this now- By the time we make first contact with really freaky looking aliens, we're gonna need a non-xenophobic generation of scary robot/thing acclimated people to make nice without throwing up on their organically wiggly bits.

Great now I'm picturing first contact with an alien race that has taken the form of BigDog's assuming they are the dominant race.

What if by the time the aliens get here the BigDogs have already won? They will greet the aliens with a beautiful song from their amazing robot mouths.

I should mention that I'm also a big fan of the robot mouth. I guess robotics in general has become amazing recently.

Edited by JamesM

The jellyfish were amazing though. I need to visit some kind of themepark where all of this stuff is in one place.

If I remember correctly, those jellyfish "feed" themselves by finding and navigating to recharge points.

That is an amazing idea though. I would definitely go to visit a Robot Zoo. I wonder how much it would cost to set up such a thing, if one got support from the inventors of a few of them?

NOTICE: PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE BIGDOG

What if by the time the aliens get here the BigDogs have already won? They will great the aliens with a beautiful song from their amazing robot mouths.

I should mention that I'm also a big fan of the robot mouth. I guess robotics in general has become amazing recently.

So you're a fan of nightmares?

Wasn't Knightmare that kids' gameshow where contestants guided their friend through a green screen mediaeval fantasy computer game? It was like a televised version of a text adventure, but with awkward timing-based action sequences. "JUMP!"

Anyway, yes, I guess I do kind of like physical manifestations of the terrifying beasts of some sort of robotic netherworld. If that's nightmarish then SO BE IT.

Yeah, that was Knightmare. My only memories of it were: thinking it sounded really cool, then watching one clip of someone dressed as a knight being directed by other kids, then getting eaten by a wall with a giant face on it. At that point, my mother would have screamed something like "TURN IT OFF IT'S DEMONIC!" :fart:

Winston Churchill described his depression as a black dog. For what psychological state would BigDog be an effective metaphor?

So I guess you guys have probably seen this one:

eaRcWB3jwMo

Crap, I think even though this thread started out really stupid, it has only gotten better with each post and has now made me realize how much I love robots.

Every video posted is just amazing. Wonderful stuff.

Oh great, now in our robot enslaved future we won't even be able to play with rubik's cubes because those things will have taken them all.

Or just taken them all and solved them first before giving them back to us human underlings!

Yeah, I think this is more likely. First they will crush our bodies with their physical might, then they will crush our spirits with their superior skill at novelty puzzles. After that, we will descend into a spiral of unparalleled despair and despondency, and will offer no further resistance.

Playing MGS4 now, and saw a Big Dog esque enemy. I skipped the cutscene, saved it, and turned it off. I fucking hate Big Dog.

So I guess you guys have probably seen this one:

eaRcWB3jwMo

Is it just me, or is that thing made out of LEGO's?

Is it just me, or is that thing made out of LEGO's?

It is 100% LEGO, that's the second level of insanity.