Sombre

Spelunky!

Hey John, exactly what settings do you use on Open Broadcast? I fooled around with it for about an hour yesterday, but only managed to record my desktop, or the sound of the game over a black screen.

Hey John, exactly what settings do you use on Open Broadcast? I fooled around with it for about an hour yesterday, but only managed to record my desktop, or the sound of the game over a black screen.

I was having that problem too. The issue was that I hadn't added the source. I'm sorry, I'm at work right now and can't open up the program as it's on a different computer, but once I sorted that out it was plain sailing. I think at the bottom of the window under settings, there's a button to add a source. I remember that I had a little bit of trouble, but then Spelunky was right there in a short list of sources available (I had the game running). Once I figured that out, it just worked.

There was also an issue where it was recording from the computer's mic as well as my mic, and that kind of... went away. There's a noise gate I'd like to use too because I'm right by the wall with the A/C on the other side but I'm not sure how to set that yet.

Oh my God. What a bloody disaster my run was tonight. I love this game. There's something wrong with me.

You never seemed to vocally recognize what killed you. I thought that was a pretty interesting death, one that I wouldn't have even considered.

Also, I may be the only one, but I would love to hear about communism in China as you play.

You never seemed to vocally recognize what killed you. I thought that was a pretty interesting death, one that I wouldn't have even considered.

Also, I may be the only one, but I would love to hear about communism in China as you play.

Thanks! Maybe that'll be my thing. Lessons in Chinese Communism while playing Spelunky. 

At first I wasn't entirely sure what happened and I immediately became focused on not having a video that ends with thirty seconds of me sighing in disappointment. I hadn't even noticed the arrow in the web and it never dawned on me that could happen. It's quite cool now, in retrospect, though rather devastating at the time.

whop. best game ever. i made it to the ice caves on the Daily! I had zero bombs entering the jungle and never found any more.

I did a test stream and it ended up being hilarious. As soon as I can get YouTube and my internet connection to play nice. The name of the video is "Jetpack Icarus".

For people that have also played the XBLA version, do the controls for the Steam version seem slightly less responsive? I got that impression when I was playing yesterday evening, but I could just be imagining things...

I sometimes have some odd framerate stuff on the PC version; I'm much more likely to get good runs (black market, city of gold, etc) on XBLA than PC, but that may just be a correlation.

I haven't seen any observable difference in the frame rate. Maybe I should test out the controller on the xbox...

Have we shared steam names for leader boards yet? I started playing this the other week. What immaculate controls! 

Have we shared steam names for leader boards yet? I started playing this the other week. What immaculate controls! 

There's a bunch of us have shared steam names on a Spelunky thread in the multiplayer section!

Congrats Nick! Congrats Nick!

Also, I reached the temple for the first time. Woo!

Congrats Nick! Congrats Nick!

That was something else. It was like watching an episode of Inspector Gadget. He should have died so many times. How is this even possible?

That was something else. It was like watching an episode of Inspector Gadget. He should have died so many times. How is this even possible?

Yeah, I'm baffled how well his weird approach tends to work in different games.

I miss the Crusader Kings II Streams.

I miss the Crusader Kings II Streams.

It's weird how that game just blew up and then blew out with the Thumbs. I feel like Sean and Jake not really digging it didn't help much, but that's probably not the reason.