JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I got BTTF for $5. I was tempted to wait for Steam to offer the same deal but they don't mention the dev commentary on the Steam page and I figure gog deserve my money for getting there first.

Damn, yet another Humble Bundle that is nothing but games I already own, except for one I don't really care for. Oh well, they tend to add a few game in the final week, maybe it will have something I like then.

I'm going to be slightly disappointed if Steam doesn't also jump on the "End of the World" sale thing, speaking of which, shouldn't the Winter Steam Sale have started anyway?

It's said to be tomorrow until January 4th, which makes sense of GOG and Humble Bundle getting things started today.

Burn your wallet now before Steam does it for you. (or remind yourself that there'll be another sale in X months' time)

I'm relatively "safe" from the next Steam sale, the only thing left on my wishlist are cheap indie games to start with.

IMO the Gabriel Knight games are superb and worth buying if you haven't tried them. They're still on sale on GOG.

There's a LOT of deals going on at GOG.com. In specific, Defender's Quest is 75% off. It's a tower defense game I've been playing and it's been really great, actually! I put a fair amount of time into it and then I finished it and it was like "Yo, new game+", where suddenly there's a diary unlocked and unlocking skulls to upgrade your special weapons and a whole bunch of extra side-missions. It's all very good.

If you're into tower defense, that game will probably own your soul.

IMO the Gabriel Knight games are superb and worth buying if you haven't tried them. They're still on sale on GOG.

I think they are my favorite Sierra games. I was going to recommend them but I remember a lot of deaths or sticky parts in the first two and 3 will probably just hurt the eyes now, so I didn't feel like I could recommend anything fullheartedly.

Defender's Quest
Yeah, great game! Good cast as well, light-hearted, likeable, with some depth even. Though the story is nothing to write home about it is quite good too, with some seriousness, some interesting undertones, but the whole game doesn't take itself too serious. The whole tone of the game is just...right.

Damn, yet another Humble Bundle that is nothing but games I already own, except for one I don't really care for. Oh well, they tend to add a few game in the final week, maybe it will have something I like then.

Do you already have all the DLc for Dungeon Defenders? I have all the games too, but didn't have any of the DLC so I'm getting it for the new heroes and such.

It's platformer day in the xbla sale

http://marketplace.x...-20-platformers

Half price fez, mark of ninja, hell yeah rabbit shit and 66% off trine 2

i've bought mark of the ninja and Trine 2, i was going to get Hell yeah but the middling reviews turned me off

Everyone who doesn't own Fez needs to buy it now!

Do you already have all the DLc for Dungeon Defenders? I have all the games too, but didn't have any of the DLC so I'm getting it for the new heroes and such.

That's the one game I don't own, I tend to be terrible at tower defense games. :(

EDIT: Whoa! The Groupees "Build a Greenlight bundle" now has La-Mulana in it! HUZZAH!

It begins! The Steampocalypse! Servers will overloads and explode, mass hysteria will ensue! Savage cannibalistic clans worshiping celebrity cats!

Oh... and damn good bargains!

I bought Far Cry 2 at full (although cheapish 9€) price yesterday (to get the Fortune's Pack, plus wanted it on Steam instead of the physical one) :(

Should have looked at the calendar.

Yes, Far Cry 2 is perfect for learning survival skills in a post-apocalyptic world.

Steam has a Daedalic Bundle with all their games, except the Whispered World. It has both Deponia games in it, which are excellent. And since they are set in some short of post-apocalyptic junk world, they will be perfect training for the end times! Learn to survive by combining items together!

And so begins the wait whether the game I want that is 25-50% off until January 5 will actually be even cheaper on some specific day. I'll probably buy Chaos on Deponia right now though. Not sure if I'm interested in their other games.

Edna & Harvey is all about insanity, so the cartoon logic is up to 11 and I really love it's story. I haven't played the other's yet since they are pretty new, A New Beginning just came out a week ago I think.

But hey, don't worry about it, it's not like it's the end of the world if you miss one sale, right?

(Yes, I'll be making Apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow).

(Yes, I'll be making Apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow).

I kill you