JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Erkki as far as I know, games are always cheaper on their respective daily sales. So unless the game you want is up for the daily sale, I'd wait 'til the last day to get it.

Yeah, the general rule is to wait unless the price drop is 66% or lower. If a game has dropped to 50% off, it might drop to 66%,75% or even 80% off, but I don't think I've ever seen a game on sale below 60% go even lower... that is unless you wait for the next sale.

NNNGHH! Right now you can vote for Miasmata and Making Mars to be the next deal... I guess Miasmata since it's most expensive of the two?

I don't know, Monkey Island won the last round, and it had tough competition, I did not expect it to win at all.

AirBuccaneers is on sale. It would be perfect for playing with Thumbs. I already have it and I'll make a thread in the multiplayer forum as well, to see if anyone else will bite.

Damn, I'm very disappointed the generic MMO won over the two more original games, I really wanted Miasmata or Waking Mars. :|

I don't think Forge is an MMO and although the design is generic I hear the gameplay is pretty interesting, and I shouldn't be talking because I wouldn't have bought any of the three games no matter who won, but yeah I would've preferred Miasmata or Waking Mars over a game that's probably going to be dead in a few months when nobody is playing.

Damn, I'm very disappointed the generic MMO won over the two more original games, I really wanted Miasmata or Waking Mars. :|

Yep. I'm gonna get Miasmata anyway, but hoping for a better deal. At least I know have I Am Alive to play!

PS. I put all the games I really want on my wishlist and left the Steam mobile (iPhone) app running in background, which is supposed to notify you when something on your wishlist has a daily deal or something. That didn't happen with I Am Alive. Has that mobile thing worked for anyone?

I only log in to check in on deal when I'm away, but maybe your push notifications are off?

I didn't like I Am Alive that much, I really hated the combat.

Humble Bundle 7 is still going on https://www.humblebundle.com/

It's quite insane. >6.45 will get you:

- Snapshot

- Closure

- Binding of Isaac

- Indy Games: the movie (not a game0

- Shank 2

- Dungeon Defenders + DLC

- Legend of Grimrock

- Basement Collection (various small games by binding of Isaac guy)

- Offspring Fling

- Cavestory +

+ OST of most games

Damn, I was right by thinking they'd add more game, but they added even more game I already have! XP

Driver San Francisco is on sale, would you recommend it to someone who tend to suck at racing game? I've only ever beaten Sonic All Star Racing and Burnout Paradise. :|

I'm also tempted to get the Worms Complete Pack even though most Worms game tend to suck.

Driver San Fransisco is not an easy driving game, but well worth the experience. I'm a dude who rarely plays racing-only games and tends to suck at those (testify, Formula Thumb-ers!) but when there's an extra objective or it's an open world thing I improve drastically, so San Fransisco was kind of exactly what I'm good at and I still thought it was a bit harder than most. That said, the last hour-ish of game is fantastic and ridiculous, and the rest of it leading up to it is a really enjoyable ride, if a bit clunky here and there. For $7.50, get it. I know you're a dude who always tries to finish his games before moving on, but I'm going to say to everyone else considering this game that this is a thing you should really do with this one. It took me about 10 hours to beat, 9 hours was a pleasant, pretty fun but not stand-out driving game, and the last hour went batshit crazy. That last hour makes the game, and if you don't intend to see it through, I'd be tempted to say that buying it is a waste of money. Maybe that's putting it a little strongly, but you definitely aren't getting anywhere near the experience the game could give you if you duck out early.

Also, Tanu, beating Burnout Paradise is no joke. I'd say you're perfectly equipped to handle Driver. The physics are a little weird, and handbrake turns threw me for a while (they definitely do NOT work like in Burnout), but you'll cope just fine.

The only skills I know of racing is "don't crash too much" and "drift at curves", so I'm baffled when I play a racing game, I don't crash, drift when I can and still end up last. But I think I'll give it a go anyway, hopefully I'll be skilled enough to at least see the the cooler parts of the games.

EDIT: Am I the only person who never played a Tony Hawk game? Would the HD one be a good idea for start-off point? It's probably a bad idea since I failed so miserably at Jet Set Radio yesterday. :|

Tony Hawk and Jet Set Radio are nothing alike. That said, as an afficionado, HD is fine for nostalgia but probably not great if you're brand new to the series. I think THPS may have been one of those "of a time" games that wouldn't really work anymore, and having just the same levels as THPS 1, 2, and (if you get the DLC) 3 but now in the Unreal engine is pretty much only appealing to you if you're a sucker like me who unlocked absolutely everything with every character in the original three games. Strangely, never played one after 4, but did pick up HD for a go. It's fun, but I imagine it is only fun because of my love for the originals, not because it's any good on its own merits. I'd say that unless you're die-hard nostalgic for the old days of THPS (me), it's pretty much only valuable as a curiosity.

It's weird because I loved the original THPS series and totally played them to death. When I saw the HD version, I thought it was going to be great, but it just didn't look as good as I thought a HD remake should.

Plus, it's pretty expensive. I'll get it eventually I guess.

I picked it up and enjoyed the time I put in, I just didn't put much time in. The THPS3 level pack was super cheap yesterday for a flash sale, and I grabbed it for $2.50. Seemed worth it for that. Just installed it, and will play it in short bursts over the coming while.

At the time THPS (or was it 2) seemed like maybe one of the best games ever but I suspect they don't age that well or at least feel less awesome now. Haven't played any skating games in a while though.

Ooh. At 75% off, it's 1 euro/dollar-cent or penny cheaper to perch BioShock 1 & 2 separately than the promoted Franchise Pack.

Valve's marketplace experimentations continue!

I think they "fixed" the DRM, still UPlay tho But for be its still a no sale given the fact that it's Ubisoft.

From Dust seems to be on sale, but I heard it's a terrible port with terrible DRM?

Don't know about being a terrible port. It's not a very interesting game, but for 4€ might be worth it.

Miasmata is 50% for 12 hours and I'm probably going to get it. Even if I don't like in the end, it looks like a game I would at least like to try.