JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Bundle in a Box is your typical charity bundle, but this time of epic indie adventure games!

Because We May seems to be all about freedom of pricing, the Steam games don't seem to have updated yet, but this just started this morning, I think?

I find it hilarious that one of them actually raised the price of his game to 99$. There are so many games on sale here it's daunting!

Because We May is a great idea! I love it that it goes over almost every platform.

Found already what I wanted and bought immediately two games. :)

It's strange that this sale is all about celebrating online stores that give you control over pricing, yet one of the sections is games that are only sold by the people who made them. (Many of these games still feel overpriced at 50% off.)

Wow, I can't believe I'm going to skip this one, but I have all the games, and some of the soundtracks too.

I don't have all soundtracks, and I only don't have Amnesia ....

Psychonauts is not indie!

Psychonauts is being sold directly from a developer that's not owned by a major game publisher. Sounds indie to me.

But it was not developed independently... indie is starting to become a big vague. Is a game backed by Indie Game Fund still indie?

They've run out of true indie games, hence the problem that most people own all the games in this, and they've been repeating games for a couple bundles now. It really doesn't matter the ifs and buts about "What is indie", they just need new stuff.

Wow, this is huge. I might be game just for Swords & Sorcery and Bastion. Now I need to put something on my PayPal account >_>

I've got to say that bundle is impressive. Of course I already own all the games, but considering buying in case I'm missing any of the soundtracks.

They've run out of true indie games, hence the problem that most people own all the games in this, and they've been repeating games for a couple bundles now. It really doesn't matter the ifs and buts about "What is indie", they just need new stuff.

Yeah I don't give a hoot about what is indie, I just figured the point of these sorts of bundles was (on top of charity, of course!) to promote some of the lesser known [indie] video games. I like Indie Royale for that. (Indie Gala is similar but most of its games are usually kind of... mediocre, if not outright terrible.)

Anyway, it is a fantastic bundle and I already own all of those games and most of those soundtracks. I'm sure this will be a great charity contributor! Yay.

Shall we burn them to the ground?

I owned none of these games. Can't wait to catch up!

I don't think they've run out of "indie" games, I think all the bundles that the "competition" is doing may have taken some of their options away. I don't have my finger on the pulse of indie gaming that much, but there are a few games they could have added that could do with the exposure (*cough* *cough* Lone Survivor *cough*).

It feels so strange that this is only the fifth bundle, it feels like we get a new one every month to me. (Maybe the just number some of them?)

Yeah. They don't count Frozenbyte, Botanicula, etc. ones in that.

This is the fifth "main" bundle, yeah. They're up to like, 10, now? Maybe a couple less, maybe a couple more.