gdf

Life

I turn 30 in a month.  Aaag.

Things won't get worse until 35 at least (they haven't for me anyway)

You just haven't noticed because you're old and your faculties aren't quite intact.

I think I remember hearing at some point that around the age of 28 the rate at which new cells are produced becomes lower than the rate at which they die. If that's true then I start dying next year.

The day before yesterday I was at a class reunion. Not mine though but the class of '51. Lots of pretty cool older people there, very fit and funny and joking about being old and forgetting stuff and stealing cake from their neighbours plate. (You people will be fine, even after you all turned 30.)

I hear 30 is the new 20.

I really hope it is, because I deffo don't feel like an adult.

I still don't have an answer to the question "What do you want to be when you grow up".

I don't ever want to grow up. These grown ups are all boring and grumpy.

When I grow up I will probably also have 20-inch blades on my Impala.

Hopefully I'll also hit the highway so I can make money the fly way.

I don't ever want to grow up. These grown ups are all boring and grumpy.

I don't wanna grow up.  I'm a Toys 'R Us kid.  Except Toys 'R Us sucks now, or I assume it does, haven't set foot in one in at least a decade.

I go into Toys R Us occasionally to browse Lego and video games. Their game selection is better than dedicated game stores tend to be and their Lego is incredibly expensive. This is the extent of my knowledge.

I had such a crisis the day before I turned 30, but then I had a BBQ and played some video games so it was cool.

I requested the dy off work before my birthday so I can have a tiny "so old" freakout in the bathtub with a cake.

I had a very surreal moment recently that I haven't really been able to share with anybody. So I'm gonna post it here.

I went to lunch with my boss not too long ago. He is an engineer and project manager with 15 years experience and is in a fairly prominent role in our company. At one point in the conversation, the topic of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington came up. Turns out he's a fan. He proceeds to tell me that he did it through college, how great he thinks it is, and how much he preferred it over alcohol. Then he sarcastically said "But I don't do that anymore of course" as he was grinning ear to ear. I then made a similarly vague admission as I grinned ear to ear.

People in the company I work for are all pretty straight edge so this kind of blows my mind. I have found out about a few others over the years and it's just fucking crazy. I never expected it to be as common as it is in the type of company I work for. Fucking crazy.

It's always amusing to discover people I know are huge into weed. It's not exactly something you can talk about, so everyone keeps it close to their chest. I feel like if it were legal, most people would prefer it to alcohol. I'm fairly certain I would! Although I've only smoked once so what do I know. U:

Also I live in SF, where I've heard it's cake to get a medical license, but I don't really care enough to do so. U:

I doubt it'd be that much more popular. Here in the Netherlands, smoking weed is pretty much legal, and it's no big deal when people do it, but it's certainly not rampant and not even close to overcoming alcohol in popularity. I could list a dozen reasons why not: weed smells, alcohol has a strong cultural link to sociability, the effect of weed is different from alcohol, there's still a cultural stigma (even though it's de jure acceptable to use), some people don't like to smoke, there's much more variety to alcohol, etc.

I'm not advocating either way, just saying.

Sometimes we play the "Which co-workers do you think regularly smoke weed?" game at my office when boredom sets in. 

My life is weird these days.

Starting to stress out a tiny bit about my trip to the US in about a month, this on top of the stress/boredom of having no job at the moment. I'm desperately hoping I'll hear back from a company I really want to work for which also isn't really helping in the stress department.

This whole job hunting thing reminds me once again that I absolutely suck at writing a motivational letter/email to accompany my applications. I know I'm really good at what I do (building websites) but I can't seem to put this into words correctly :(

I am very glad I live in the Netherlands though. What with the unemployment benefits and the great healthcare we have here.

Other than that I'm doing fine health wise. Had a lot of fun helping

on their performance on the 5th of may festival in Den Bosch. I also helped the organisation of Mobilism on their third conference which meant meeting a lot of cool people who make the web such an awesome place for all of us :)

I also gave myself an early summer present in the form of a GoPro camera! Hopefully I get to use this thing to make lots of cool videos on my trip down the California coast :)

/lj

Tegan: hang in there girl!