gdf

Life

Small town Ben, it was the only screening:) new one next month.

Oh cool, that's interesting that it's happening on a smaller scale in different places. Do you all get instructions to dress up and everything? Is it as expensive as the big ones?

Na, it was more of a low key affair. I have a buddie who has been to some of the epic ones in London.

I think they are doing it as a means to get people more interested in film in the area. My county has a small film festival every year, and the same people are running it. There was wine beforehand though!

They have said that some if the summertime ones will be outdoor as well and scattered around the county, so i'm looking forward to some awesome scenery at those showings.

I've always wanted to see one of the Alamo Drafthouse Mondo Mystery Movie secret Halloween screening things.

Syntheticgerbil, do you realize what you've done? I'm actually vegan and you made a joke about having sex with vegans. So nice job giving me the perfect opening to talk about my junk some more. I'm not even putting this one between spoiler tags. You only have yourself to blame.

I feel like speaking of anything in general opens up conversation about your penis.

My downstairs neighbour just came up to very condescendingly complain about how loud my TV was. My TV's been turned off all night.

Think I'll mention the floor-shaking music she was playing a while back next time I speak to the landlady.

After three months of trying, I finally got approved for medical benefits. I have no idea when the money I'm due is actually being paid out, but hey!

I went to the doctor again yesterday, and I'm being given at least another month off of work. Now that I won't be living in absolute poverty, I might even be able to enjoy it!

Also, I have so many free samples of antidepressants. She gave me like five boxes of them.

Hooray! Hopefully now you're getting some support you can start concentrating on getting better.

I move to Amsterdam next month to start my game dev office, In about the 20-30th of June.

I've had my ups and downs about it, from feeling weird and empty that I don't miss anyone, to remembering that I actually do have a tonne of friends, to not being totally sure how I should feel about having access to all weed.

Sitting up in my bed I actually just thought it might be a hard pill to swallow for my dad. He's seen me every day for the passed 20 years, and right on turning 50 it's gonna be no more son, and he'll live with my awful mum and sister for... well... Forever, lets just say. Of all the things I feel kind of shakey and unsure about, this suddenly strikes me as the most important. Even though me and my dad have basically nothing in common, we empathise a lot and are in a lot of ways the same guy. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about how important this is, and I bet he thought about it in this light a lot sooner than I did.

Waitaminute, you're going to start a video game studio (office?) in Amsterdam? Tell me more.

Congratulations, I_smell.

I'm sure your father can see how important this is for you. It might be hard to take at first, but eventually he will move on. Just make sure you try to keep in touch, even hearing from you will help, I'm sure.

Waitaminute, you're going to start a video game studio (office?) in Amsterdam? Tell me more.

Yeah, this.

And make sure he knows how to use Skype before you leave!

He absolutely does not know how to use Skype, or computers.

Yeah I started a company over Skype with a guy from Holland a couple years ago. He's 1000% more business and marketing oriented than me, and so the first game was a success and we're starting an office and doing all this weird stuff like publishing and outsourcing and pitching to investors and bbuuuhhhhh!

I'm currently doing art on one game, and writing up a design doc for another. Those are the things that go through me.

Wow, and your emigrating on top of that. Very exciting! Once you're up and running in Amsterdam, I might drop by, could be fun!

He absolutely does not know how to use Skype, or computers.

Yeah I started a company over Skype with a guy from Holland a couple years ago. He's 1000% more business and marketing oriented than me, and so the first game was a success and we're starting an office and doing all this weird stuff like publishing and outsourcing and pitching to investors and bbuuuhhhhh!

I'm currently doing art on one game, and writing up a design doc for another. Those are the things that go through me.

Cool! Sounds like a similar partnership to the Vlambeer guys, that can only mean good things.

Amsterdam's quite a trip from here so I shan't be dropping by any time soon but I hope you enjoy the country!

That sounds sweet! I'm about to learn if my mum can use skype as I am in forn parts myself at the moment.

I just submitted my second school board application. The first one was for screening purposes. I was screened, they liked me. They offered me the chance to apply for the real deal, with the proviso that I can't do so until I have my final evaluations from my last practicum experience in hand. That arrived Monday, so I spent the last two days getting all my crap together and getting it ready to go (when not doing girlfriend's birthday stuff with her) and clicked on "submit" on their online application bundle thingy not 5 minutes ago. Now I get to be a ridiculous bundle of nerves until I hear back. Hurray for being a grown-up?

Hope all goes well for you! You deserve to be a teacher, just so you can indoctrinate a future generation with wizards and the doctrine of the idlest thumbs.

Wow, lots of congratulations to give out today, it seems. Congratulations for businesses, for potential jobs, for finally getting money owed.Its such a happy day here.

(Don't mind me, I haven't slept in over 24 hours and am feeling way too emotional right now.)