gdf

Life

People can take a bit of hurt. It's coddling that's worse for their self-esteem. No one needs to be treated like a child.

Yeah, definitely need to be upfront about that one. I was wisely told by someone many years ago that "I don't think we're a fit" is a good way of avoiding implying that she's doing something wrong per se, and is generally better when letting girls down. I haven't had too many opportunities to use it, but when I do I imagine it's gone better than if I'd been all "You're just not what I'm looking for" or even worse the ultra-cliche "It's not you, it's me" which is understood by 99% of girls as "It's not me, it's you". Less rejectful, I guess.

Whatever the case, need to cut that one loose and probably forget about any possibility of being friends afterwards. :tup:

Thanks, you're all right and I know it. It's just the "Don't ever hurt people!" instinct fucking with me and making this so difficult.

This is where someone needs to say, "man up!". Yes, you are going to be the bad guy, but it's better for her in the long run if you are. Good luck!

Got up at 5 in the morning, looking forward to watching the Daily Show and Colbert Report live. Dutch comedy central advertised this event the past days.

"Sorry, this video is unavailable from your location"

Thanks, assholes.

Congratulations with another four years of Obama, America! It would've been pretty dire with Romney and Ryan, throwing the US back, culturally, a good 120 years. Hopefully Obama will really shine in the next four years and make some lasting change.

Who's this Barack fellow? Barack sounds a lot like IRAQ if you ask me!!!!!

Barack Hussein? He some kinda muslim terr'rist?

Sorry.

I imagine mah American buds are quite relieved it's finally over!

Stop that.

Your avatar is pretty much exactly what I had in mind when saying that above. :tup:

Aww, thanks America. You didn't have to reelect Obama. We would have survived. And you didn't have to oust Akin or Mourdock. We could have dealt with them. You didn't have to pass those amendments legalizing gay marriage. Or elect your first Asian-American and openly gay senators. You didn't have to do any of that. But I appreciate that you did.

Stop that.

No don't!

In a move that surprised me not at all, America voted for Obama.

You have no idea.

It's so nice... except it's not. America has turned politics into the most finely honed contest of its kind anywhere in the world. Even as the election results rolled in there's talk of how this will impact "strategy" two and four years from now.

Also, out of curiosity I've been looking at Google maps. According to Wikipedia the largest city by morphological, as in contiguous square urban area, is Tokyo. However if you loosen the definition of urban area even a little, to say include America's typically ridiculous sprawl, then Tokyo is positively dwarfed. The Dallas/Fort Worth area is almost 3,000 square miles, or 7,770 square kilometers for you non US commie bastards. LA as a contiguous area is 5,000 square miles, or 13,000 square kilometers. LA literally envelopes large state park areas into it's massive labyrinth of forever. It is literally larger than the entirety of the Bahamas and 89 other recognized countries in the world. I'm convinced it is now a living thing with distributed sentients that will slowly consume the entire world.

Ah, DFW... I have such fond memories growing up there. It really drove home that E.B. White quote from Civ IV: "Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car."

So today the Durham University Anthropology Society (the society of which I am President) hosted its first guest lecturer - Professor Mark Thomas of UCL. I have been super on edge all day, feel incredibly stressed and as though I want to cry. People say it went well, but I can't help but still feel shitty. I don't know. I don't like this feeling.

It is exceedingly rare (at least for me) when hosting or coordinating an event, that I feel it went perfectly, or even well. The stress is a huge issue there, but don't worry about it too much. If the presenters/attendees don't hate you now, you did just fine.

Orv is right, though we're kind of assuming why you have that feeling. Event management is basically about averting one crisis after another and fixing a lot of things in the background as they go wrong. It's easy to think "Oh my god this is going terribly" while, in fact, your audience are having a perfectly wonderful time and haven't noticed a single one of the fires you're fighting.

Don't ever use MrSite! (It wasn't my choice, obviously.)

System is getting started. [Thu Nov 08 2012 16:41:58 GMT+0000]

Topic: Hi, I'm having a problem with my site a the moment. If you go to http://www.clinicals...contact-us.html and try to send a test message, you'll only get an error in response. (For example, the last one I got was: Invalid Captcha. You typed 368643 and the correct one was: 368643(!!!)) What could be causing this? Thanks!

Please wait a few moments while we connect you to the Mr Site team.

A guru will be with you shortly.

If you've been looking to build an online shop to challenge the biggest brands, ask your Mr Site guru about our new product Storefront.

Don't forget, if you want to give us a feedback, fill in the survey at the end of the chat - you could win a year's free renewal on your Mr Site package.

Kuldeep Singh enters the chatroom.

Kuldeep Singh 16:42:47

Hello Johnny Walker, my name is Kuldeep Singh, how may I help you?

Johnny Walker 16:43:11

Hi Kuldeep, please see my question above. Thanks!

Kuldeep Singh 16:43:51

Please wait let me check it from my end

Johnny Walker 16:45:03

Thanks.

(The error message is in the URL.)

Kuldeep Singh 16:48:39

Johnny, as i have checked you have placed wrong contact form on your page

Johnny Walker 16:49:10

Where can I find documentation for the right form? Thanks.

Kuldeep Singh 16:49:31

i will give you the steps

Please follow these steps to add contact form on your site:

1. Login to your account

2. go to option 5 "Extras"

3. Add features

4. add a contact form

5. Click on "New form" button

6. Click the green plus buttons below to add elements to your form: like drop down list, check box, text field and create form as you want

7. click on save contact form button at the bottom

8. then click on "Apply your forms" button and Select below which page would you like your contact form to appear? (Select current contact form page)

9. Click Apply

10. Click on Main option icon at the top and publish your site via option 4.

Johnny Walker 16:52:08

I'd like to do this by hand. I'm a professional developer. How can I find documentation? Thanks.

System 16:53:55

Kuldeep Singh has left the chatroom.

The guru has left the conversation. If you have further questions please leave a message. Thank you!

Listening to someone rage about Obama being re-elected for 24 minutes is really worth a listen? Or are the title and description false advertising?