gdf

Life

I'm primarily front-end UI/UX/IA, but I can also do backend dev. My experience includes ActionScript, AJAX + JSON, some ASP/ASP.NET, C/++, CSS, Flash and Flex, HTML/XHTML, Javascript, jQuery, some Perl, PHP, Python, some Ruby on Rails, MySQL and SQL Server. Even a little BASIC for the BBC Micro.

I think the problem is that my experience is so broad, and I don't have much to show because of NDAs.

Ronald: are you averse to commuting? There's Marin, etc.

That is... a lot of stuff. U:

Well, if you want, I could probably put you in touch with HR here! It's a mobile games company, if that matters to you.

I'm reading Ian Bogost's Persuasive Games and the damn fool writes video games in one word.

That's horrible. I can dismiss loading toilet paper backwards as a thoughtless mistake, but puttin empty wrappers back in the box? Pure maleficence.

Totes. It's right up there with absentmindedly leaving your slippers on the other side of a cold tile floor.

I bet it's that Scott Forstall's fault. Jonathan Ive's gonna fix that right up, I bet.

Ronald: are you averse to commuting? There's Marin, etc.

kinda, I mean i'd like to at least live in the city, and preferably within easy walking or biking distance to work (though really most of the city is easy biking distance to anywhere in the city).

Also, idk if we need UX guys specifically, but we do need full stack guys (i'm mostly backend). I'll ask once i get up there.

Also, idk if we need UX guys specifically, but we do need full stack guys (i'm mostly backend). I'll ask once i get up there.

oh, well, that's me out, since i'm a girl, not a guy.

oh, well, that's me out, since i'm a girl, not a guy.

I think the requirement doc was using "guy" in the generic sense, meaning "person". I probably was anyway.

Those icons jiggle when you do the tap-hold thing to move icons. Are you cheating by doing a screengrab of a moment in animation?

I figured the red lines were accentuating the issue, since they don't seem to be at the same resolution. But I could be totally wrong.

Pretty sure the red lines are to accentuate the issue, as Luft postulates.

I bet Apple fanboys will keep buying their products, even though the company clearly knows nothing about mirrors and reflections. Fucking sheep.

:shifty:

I can confirm that the red dotted rectangle were added in post to accentuate a mid-jiggle rendering issue.

I can confirm that the red dotted rectangle were added in post to accentuate a mid-jiggle rendering issue.

You swine!

Yes, when I'm not in my phone, I can see what you mean. When it's all scrunched down, it looks like part of iOS. My bad.

In other news: As some of you may have noticed, I'm enjoying Mass Effect 2 at the moment, and since part 3 is not on Steam, I was wondering how I might get my hands on it cheaply. (Not doing fantastically financially at the moment.)

Cue my local charity store: What the fuck! Mass Effect 3 on the shelf for £1.99 ($3). Thank you very much!

That shop is oddly magical sometimes. It scares me.

Got paid for my first two weeks at work. Was pissing myself that I was going to be put on emergency tax leaving me with a couple of hundred for the month. Instead I got a tax refund which ended me up with more than I will be earning for a full moth from now on. New tenant putting rent into my account tomorrow. Whoop whoop. Xcom to celebrate.

In other news: As some of you may have noticed, I'm enjoying Mass Effect 2 at the moment, and since part 3 is not on Steam, I was wondering how I might get my hands on it cheaply. (Not doing fantastically financially at the moment.)

Cue my local charity store: What the fuck! Mass Effect 3 on the shelf for £1.99 ($3). Thank you very much!

That shop is oddly magical sometimes. It scares me.

Fuck Origin :finger::violin:

Was the CD key already linked to an account or something?

Indeed. The package I bought was damn near worthless. Sure it includes two DVD's worth of game on them, but it's the piece of paper with (what is essentially) a Steam key on it that was worth something. And like all Steam keys, this "Origin" key could only be used once. And then it's forever tied to a single account.

Can't really ask for a refund from a charity shop :)

Ah, well.