gdf

Life

I need to learn a huge amount about marketing, which is not something that comes naturally to me :tmeh:

Wrestle's Guide to Successful Marketing

1. Sell lots
  2. Retire

:getmecoat

In all seriousness, this sounds quite exciting and I hope you have a lot of success with it. :tup:

If I can somehow help, by using my latent ability to press buttons and have websites come out, don't hesitate to ask!

Measure twice, cut once.

I was going to mention this when you responded to my most recent complaining session, but your signature really takes me to a weird place when you're giving advice.

I was like, yeah I guess Rodi is right and I need to think about this shit, seems like he knows what he's talking about... "Carthage must be destroyed"? Yeah I guess Carthage is getting a little uppity- hey wait a minute.

Wrestle's Guide to Successful Marketing

1. Sell lots
  2. Retire

3. ??

4. Profit!

Edited by Ben X

If you think about it, Gwardinen, there's nothing about Carthage really worth saving for the future. Really.

Selling really has nothing to do with marketing. I mean, yes, ultimately it does, but your goal is raising awareness of how awesome and sexy your product/service/self is—selling a lot is a convenient byproduct but shouldn't really be the immediate concern... unless it has to be 'cause you're broke.

Branding is super important and should come first, whatever the product. Good branding sets you apart from competition, tells your story succinctly and makes your audience/customers care. Marketing comes later and some schools thereof would have you shit all over your branding in order to make yourself everything to everyone... there are reasons for going one way or another.

I am kindof on a branding kick right now. Been thinking a lot about it. Maybe I can help you. Email me.

Sal Limones and her input may or may not be included in this offer for no extra charge.

I am kindof on a branding kick right now. Been thinking a lot about it. Maybe I can help you. Email me.

Sal Limones and her input may or may not be included in this offer for no extra charge.

Thanks, I'll PM you both.

You should crowdsource your branding by seeking input and ideas from all members of the forum.

(Do not crowdsource your branding by seeking input and ideas from all members of the forum.)

(Unless you like the idea of Baboo, Inc, Providers of Wizard Wheezes to the Puffin Market. Video games.)

Good branding sets you apart from competition, tells your story succinctly

I knew I made a mistake when we decided to call our game The Ball Is Too Fast, The Game Is Too Slow, The Name Is Too Long. :shifty::buyme:

I REGRET NOTHING!

All of these "rules" are really more "guidelines". If you can break them well, you're free to do so. I think generally tho, you wouldn't want to alienate your players before they get to play your game by denigrating it in its title—unless you have some conceptual reason to do so. All that said, The Ball Is Too Fast, The Game Is Too Slow, The Name Is Too Long is a pretty succinct way to explain what you're all about. :tup::fart:

Natch, I hope I will manage to get back to you later today with some thoughts.

After 5 weeks of tethering my phone to get internet, I now finally have high speed internet in mah new place. Feels good, man. :grin:

i kno thet u kno wat det means bra.

KTHANKS, KTHANKS, KTHANKS, SHEVA, HURRY, COME ON, COME ON, COME ON, COME ON, HURRY, KTHANKS, KTHANKS.

I think there's co-op (with I'm guessing two players) and something else called multiplayer that supports 8 players...

Still hoping you won't have a horrible AI character running behind you all the time in singleplayer though :tmeh: That ruins the horror.

I hope at one point in the future I'll get an online console too so I can play with u gaiz.

KTHANKS, KTHANKS, KTHANKS, SHEVA, HURRY, COME ON, COME ON, COME ON, COME ON, HURRY, KTHANKS, KTHANKS.

My friends and I did so much of that.

If you play the DLC in the mansion Chris has all the same ones ("barks"?), except the "SHEVA!" is replaced with a noticeably more sedate "Jill." We were very amused by the incongruity, possibly because we are simpletons.

First I was screwed out of a Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition because the webshop screwed up the delivery address. Today somebody posted a webshop that was still selling ME3CE, or I ordered it. After the order showed up in the "my orders" list of the webshop it received the status of "unable to deliver", because they were out of stock (when why did you allow me to order it...). So I called customer support and they're going to refund me. (So now I'm waiting for 2 refunds for the same game). :(

Then I tried to buy Journey from PSN... but all I get is some error when I want to pay. :(

Buying video games used to be easy.

PS, I left a very negative review on various sites about the first webshop and somebody from customer care of the parent company contacted me. They're offering me 20 euros discount on my next purchase. I think I'll take it to get the normal ME3 version of 17 euros. But still a shitty action to deny me my CE version, now I don't have the complete set :/

I was going to make this a separate post, but ended up just putting it here as it seems relevant:

http://tap-repeatedly.com/2012/03/in-memoriam-ethan-finkbug-sicotte/

It is a weird thing to think that forums and communities get behind the death of another community member. I've never witnessed anything similar before, but then again I am a little removed from most of the communities I frequent.

It made me a little morbid, only a bit mind because I am sort of on Cloud 9 about something else.

Something similar had happened on an Ultima forum I used to frequent, before I joined. People would bring it up occasionally. It's a weird thing, but heartening IMO.

Then I tried to buy Journey from PSN... but all I get is some error when I want to pay. :(

Just tried to buy it, getting an error too...

I also noticed they're offering Mass Effect 3 as a digital download for €69.99. Are they fucking joking?

ah.. PSN had my old expired credit card. So instead of giving a sensible message and prompting for new credit card details it gave me a vague error code.

Downloading journey now.