Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Really, really liked the Tribulation and Injury Reserve songs that got linked by Mington and Stuart respectively. But I ended up listening to the albums they're off and both kinda disappointed me overall. Ah well.

Try the first tribulation album, I enjoyed that more when I first started listening to them

New diiv album came out yesterday :tup:

My current jam

Going back to the latest (and possibly last) album by The Mars Volta is weird. On the one hand it still feels like great music. But on the other their whole catalogue feels incredibly hard to get back into despite how much their music meant to me as a teen.

I don't know. Coming back to things I intensely liked in the past feels weird. It feels like calling back my own ghost. So to speak.

Does anyone else think the new Lemon Demon album is surprisingly good? http://lemondemon.com/spiritphone/

I liked some Lemon Demon songs before (mostly in a humorous way) and the non-Lemon Demon mashup albums, but the new one to me is somehow sounding a lot better than Neil Cicierega's previous original songs.

The new Keeno album came out about a week ago. If you like the genre it's extremely well done, and the mix set on the album is one of the best I've heard.

Does anyone else think the new Lemon Demon album is surprisingly good? http://lemondemon.com/spiritphone/

I liked some Lemon Demon songs before (mostly in a humorous way) and the non-Lemon Demon mashup albums, but the new one to me is somehow sounding a lot better than Neil Cicierega's previous original songs.

I was just coming here to recommend it! When He Died and Sweet Bod are jockeying for my favorite track, but Touch-Tone Telephone is pretty catchy, too.

I made a playlist of some of the most important to me rap songs from the 2000s ( tried to concentrate on the mid-2000s, but it does extend to cover the whole decade) 

There are multiple intentional radio edits, as they are the versions of the songs I actually listened to either via the actual radio, or through the songs being played at school dances.

Yeah, Post Pop Depression is very interesting. Josh Homme clearly had a lot of influence on the overall sound of the album.