dium

Pokemon Moon (beautiful) and Sun (more beautiful)

Oh, hey, this came out!

YO WHY CAN'T I JUST PICK THAT AWESOME MEOWTH THAT'S MY FAMILY PET AS MY STARTING POKEMON

I kind of want to get this, but I don't want to play it on a 3DS, I wish these things would just come out on things with bigger screens.

Well, you're in luck, since the latest hot scoop is that there'll be a version on the Switch called Pokémon Stars. If that's true, it's HD Pokémon gaming on your TV (or lap).

This is probably my favourite Pokemon game ever. There are so many small quality of life changes like being able to heal a status condition for free after a battle, choosing whether to keep a captured Pokemon in your party or send it to the PC box, showing which moves will be effective or not in battles against Pokemon you've met before, etc. SO MANY positive changes! The characters are also way better written, which makes the increased number of cutscenes actually enjoyable, or at least tolerable. I think if you liked Pokemon in the past and haven't played any in a while, you definitely ought to pick this one up, especially since they deliberately take the original Pokemon and put a new spin on them in this region.

I've only played about 90 minutes so far, I like it. Looks very pretty and as mentioned a lot of the small improvements make it more enjoyable to play. My only issue so far is that it's incredibly slow to get going.

The last Pokemon I played at all seriously was Silver when it came out and the last one I played for a few minutes was Ruby. So I was really surprised by the first 90 minutes I played of Moon so far. This feels legitimately fresh and different from the past games. They did a good job making the world feel more alive, from the really neat level design to the fact that domestic Pokemon now roam around the house. And it looks really good as well, especially the animations.

I was pretty bored with and still haven't finished ORAS (having never played original Ruby or Sapphire) but Moon so far has me much more engaged. This is fascinating since it really isn't a very different game at all, even if it's somewhat more different than usual.

The visuals, the mixup in structure, and the quality of life changes are all nice and welcome. But I think the thing that's really sold me (at least in comparison to ORAS) is that I finally feel they want me to care about what happens in cutscenes. I don't mean to oversell them – they're fluffy and silly and not why you're playing – but whenever anything happened in ORAS (or earlier games) where I had to watch a thing happen or read more than 4 lines of dialogue I was desperate to skip through it asap. In Moon, so far, I'm actually fine watching the little bits of story unfold, to the extent that I almost don't realize that there's actually more cutscenes than usual.

Does anybody know how to decrease "enjoyment" for Pokémon? I want to evolve my Pichu! I'm kinda overwhelmed by so many options, I barely started and there's already a cemetery full ghosties for me to pick! 

I just got around to starting this over Christmas and I'm really liking it, but I kind of wishing I could skip the cutscenes. Maybe it's just because I'm at the beginning of the game still, but man there's a lot of them. 

It eases up a little ways in for sure. And then it does pick up again later on but by then I found myself far more intrested in the story then I expected to be. Which is to say not very but enough I didn't mind it so much.

Does anybody know if Malasadas are easy to make? All I know is that they are a real Hawaiin dish.

When on Earth do you get a Mimikyu? The ghost trainer is soon, I hope it's there, because I really want one!

They're in the ghost trainer's trial area. You'll have to defeat the totem Pokemon first, of course, and they have a low appearance rate, but they're there.

Just how much is in the post game content? I already fought Blue, but the mere thought of having to catch the other 700+ Pokémon is... exhausting?

I don't mind having to spend 30+ hours more playing, but not 30+ hours of just catching rare Pokémon.

There is basically catching pokémon, breeding and battling AI/people.

It's enough for me, but yeah, it's pretty slim. 

I don't think it's 700 pokémon, only like 200 or something in Sun/Moon. 

I'm finding it hard to remember things like where I'm supposed to go next or where I go to do things I need to do. Like why can't I just fly to the daycare? Why do I have to run through a bunch of paths and grass to get there and then when I do get there, there's no easily repeatable loop to run in front of the day care to pick up eggs and hatch them like there was in X/Y. I'm pretty close to completing my 'dex, and have beat the elite four, but this game just isn't grabbing me the way X was.

I don't know. Maybe I burned myself out in X and needed more time before a new game came out. Maybe I played it in a way that was less fun due to my obsessive tendencies for collection.

It's weird. This is a game I heartily recommend but am not actually loving as much as I hoped I would which is representative of basically all the games I went into 2016 anticipating.

You can fly to the daycare. It's just a little bit up and to the right of that cowboy town. It has a smaller indicater then full towns do though.