dium

Pokemon Moon (beautiful) and Sun (more beautiful)

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-moon-and-sun-logos-pop-up-1761230439

We know absolutely nothing yet! But maybe we will tomorrow.

Pokemon is the only series I care about slash actually play that even approaches AssCreed/COD levels of sequalization. I can't help but pay attention to each new game but I also kinda wish they happened slightly less frequently. That said, who even knows when this thing is coming out anyway?

Even if this is confirmed, I think my days of buying new Pokemon games may be over. I've continued to buy them and not finish them for years, Pokemon Showdown has ruined my patience for training them the old fashioned way. 

Having said that I'm pretty sure I've said this twice before and cracked because I have no self control.

Yeah, I've said that in the past too. And same as you, I didn't stick to it at all.

If I'm being honest with myself, I don't need a whole lot of incremental improvements to pull me into a new Pokemon. Embarrassingly little, in fact. But I do need SOMETHING. If the next Pokemon game simply looks like XY but in a new region and a few new mon, and it's totally possible that's all it will be, then I definitely don't need that.

I skipped OR/AS because I got X right around when it came out, but I need another pokemon game to pour 200 hours into. Really i just need new pokemon.

I am psyched for the originals on VC but otherwise Pokemon makes me realise I'm an old curmudgeon. There are too many now, they all look grey and brown and I can't be arsed with over 700 and all the mega evolution business. And although the starter 3 for X/Y were cute, I played the Ruby/Sapphire demo and was immediately bored. With Link Between Worlds pulling off 3D at 60fps, the 3DS games look lacklustre.

If I were Nintendo, any PROPER new Pokemon game(s) would be for NX. If it IS some homeheld don't-leave-home-without-it hybrid, Pokemon could be the perfect launch (window) game. None of this half-arsed shuffle/snap/picross/dungeon nonsense - a real Pokemon game where you take the dungeons out with you and then come home to plug into a big beautiful world on the telly...

Where's that Nintendo money-printing gif?

I've had a morning ritual for a few months of waking myself up by doing the UFO game (Badge Arcade). This morning there were a whole host of Pokemon badges and they all looked bland and drab and dreary.

Edit. eg: tumblr_ny2g1qXG981tf4naoo1_400_zpssnsb5h3_zpsjp6t1mri.jpg

I'm exaggerating, of course. The point being I don't have the beans to find out what these things are.

Edit 2.

I know all of these things:

...which means they're better and I'm smarter (and I'm not overwhelmed by the scary stuff made for the kidz).

Made official in the direct that just happened. We learned nothing about it, though, except "Holliday 2016" release.

Also: The Pokemon brand is so hilariously utopian, both in game and marketing.

Hahhahaha oh boy people aren't happy about the lack of information in that direct. It's 2:25am in Sydney right now, I stayed up just for this ^^ and I'm still not in bed yet.

Pokemon why do you have to do this to me.

Yeah, that kinda sucks. In my timezone it was just something I watched for 6 minutes when I got into work, and so I wasn't terribly disappointed.

I thought it was fine and exactly what I expected from a 6-minute Direct.

That Pokemon Bank news is *fantastic* though, and I don't understand why anyone could be upset about "lack of information" when they announced that.

Just think of all the great things that people will find when searching for "Pokemon S&M!"

Just think of all the great things that people will find when searching for "Pokemon S&M!"

oh god

I don't know anything about this game but this thread title rules

Well, they gave us literally 0 information about what this game is going to be, so for now Chris, we're all on an even playing field!

As a huge pokémon fan, I'm completely apathetic towards this. So tired of how pathetically easy the games have become (or are, I dunno if I was just a dumb kid, but water > fire > grass was never hard to grasp even as an 8 year old).

Half of the issue is that the AI is awful. Growl, growl, growl, growl all day long. I'd be so happy if Sun and Moon were a Conquest/Birthright situation as Fire Emblem (seriously, when the fuck are those games coming out in the EU?) Where one game is basically hard mode and the other is waifu mode. 

Pokémon has always been super easy. I was literally 7 years old when I played Red. The hard mode you refer to is online play with other people and breeding elite teams. That's where the complexity is. It's EV training and perfect move sets and team balance. The badges + elite 4 is baby mode.