Nintendo is releasing Mother 1 on VC as Earthbound Beginnings.

Is there anything different in Earthbound Beginnings compared to the Zero rom already out there? I'm trying to figure out if I should play it again or just stick with my cart.

Is there anything different in Earthbound Beginnings compared to the Zero rom already out there? I'm trying to figure out if I should play it again or just stick with my cart.

Well the title screen's different. 

No-one actually knows at this point what's different to the Earthbound Zero rom, and Nintendo certainly isn't going to compare the two.

we're all in irc if'n y'all wanna join some talky talks

yeah but seems like it's ios exclusive so that's dumb

Woops, title has been changed and a correction has been offered: " Correction, 11:30 p.m. An earlier version of this post incorrectly reported the game would be available on Android as well as iOS."

Who is the dumb now?! 

i wish i was dumb ):

don't worry Twig you're still dumb to me

All in all, that was a pretty enjoyable conference from Bethesda; generally a good pace! And Bethesda really taking a page out of Blizzard's strategy book, huh...

Doom looks like the kind of brainless violence I can get behind! I really enjoy some twitch action shooting!

So Fallout 4. The things they showed look cool, but I got a thing with this brand of Bethesda game, which I think kind of reached a tipping point now that the rendering and lighting looks so nice, and they seem to be going for some stronger characterization. The animations still look like hot garbage and between that and the dead eyed npc's it is incredibly distracting to me. You could tell they did their very best not to show your characters 3rd person camera in combat, because it's going to look like the same janky Bethesda stick up your ass shit. Why is the whole animation side of things still on the same level as it was in Oblivion??

That said, man, I'm totally ready to dive back into that world. (Once the Fallout 4 GOTY complete edition edition comes out)

I think I feel about First Person Shooters the way that lots of people seem to feel about JRPGs. My eyes just kind of glazed over for that Doom 4 stuff. Would probably be pretty excited if I grew up with those games, I suppose.

The only game that really interests me from Bethesda is Dishonoured 2, so its a shame that it was shown the least of all. Despite that, they put on a very professional press conference and its good to see Fallout releasing this year, though unlikely I will play it.

Great news! Cara Ellison got a job at Arkane and is totally working on Dishonored 2, I just found out! 

Cara Ellison, Fixed Address Holder

Great news! Cara Ellison got a job at Arkane and is totally working on Dishonored 2, I just found out! 

Oh shiiiiiiiit, really?

Suddenly a lot more interested in DIshonored 2.

Giant bomb's live coverage is great as ever. Too bad their chat is fucked up.

All that Fallout4 news was exciting for me even though I probably won't play it because it seems like the type of game that you have to play in sessions of two hours or more and I just don't do that anymore. 

I was genuinely excited seeing how deep and flexible the crafting system was, how interesting the setting looks (I think it's a fair bet that there will be interesting characters in the that setting), and the hearing the announcement that someone like me who doesn't want to invest large chunks of time into the game can still have a way to participate in the publicity conversation (Fallout Shelter). All that said, watching the reaction to Happy Meal toys was one of the most alienating experiences I've had in months. I've seen that people are talking about speculative amiibo-markets for a year or so, but I hadn't grasped that people cared so deeply about little figurines until I saw them go Oprah-show wild.

As someone who never really got into Fallout, all the Fallout 4 stuff seemed like basically just a feature list, and not one that seems particularly exciting or inventive.

• crafting system
  • dog
  • character customization
  • basebuilding tower defense thing
  • second screen experience that you won't use
  • spinoff iOS game
  • plastic shit in the collector's edition that you won't use

Not really feelin' it.