IT'S (almost) THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN, FOLKS! In just two short weeks, we'll all get to worship at the altar of rampant consumerism and cheer at grown men announcing toys on a stage in front of increasingly elaborate projector setups.

GGLO85a.png

We're gonna be talkin' 'bout E3 in Thumbs IRC this year instead of Steam Chat. Remember how to join?

Huh, what's this?

If you're interested in discussing video games, amateur video game development or secret hints, you need to join #idlethumbs on QuakeNet! It's an internet chat room like in the 90s, and we discuss things and issues on there, like what video games are fun, how to do a thing in Unity or post Vines of how our next racing game is coming along.

#idlethumbs? Sounds like a hashtag to me, old man!

No, this is a channel on IRC.

Okay I'm sold. How do I join?

Joining is easy and free! You'll need an IRC client, such as:

Install or start the client, join a QuakeNet server. You can find the closest one to you here. After connecting, join the channel #idlethumbs.

I've got my traditional bingo card all set.

bqmXh03.png

Here's hoping that Bethesda announces something Fallout related during their conference. 

That time chart is actually very helpful. There may be conferences I watch after the fact due to them being on very late over here, but I'll probably hang out in the Idle Thumbs Steam group chat for the others, as usual. Or is IRC going to be the place to be this year?

Oh wow, (unnecessary) burn on Aisha Tyler.

Thanks for the timetable and the bingo card, I just lol'd at the office to my embarrassment. Brilliant stuff in there.

I think we might actually see a PS4 price drop, considering Xbox is doing better with the reduced price on US. Project Morpheus release date might happen as well. But please, not another Killzone, it's bizarre how they insisted on this series for so long.

Something Valve anyone says/does will point to HL3 based on tenuous and farfetched reasoning.

Fixed that for you.

Oh wow, (unnecessary) burn on Aisha Tyler.

Even when Ubisoft chooses people who are otherwise fine, they usually deliver the most grating material/performance. The free space stays.

... I kinda like latter-day Killzone, I totally wouldn't mind another. I mean, I don't care at all about its multiplayer though so I'm not fully crazy.  :fart:

I hope for at least for a few nice surprises. At the moment mostly waiting for Nintendo's Event and the official video reveal of Starfox.

I've heard rumblings that Bungie/Activision will be talking about the big expansion that's coming later this year for Destiny. If it's supposed to be out around September/October then this would be a good time to announce it.

I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 3 and specifically enjoying two aspects of it. I like hiding in buildings and behind rocks while being fired upon by vehicles and I like following squad mates to resupply and heal them. So the thing I'm looking forward to is finding out if that type of stuff will be in the Star Wars shooter. Also hoping for lots and lots of VR news and hoping to see something about Titanfall 2.

Even when Ubisoft chooses people who are otherwise fine, they usually deliver the most grating material/performance. The free space stays.

I think the problem here is that you mean 'presenter' as a synonym of 'speaker', where Ubisoft usually gives a microphone to at least one person who should never be given a microphone, whereas I mean 'presenter' as a synonym of the MC, where it's the person who introduces the speakers and acts as the glue of the show. EA's presenters are usually much worse than Ubisoft, although I think everyone's taken a turn.

Rumor mill is saying that Dark Souls 3 will be announced at E3, with Miyazaki back at the helm. 

What's the character limit on thread titles?

Rumor mill is saying that Dark Souls 3 will be announced at E3, with Miyazaki back at the helm. 

What's the character limit on thread titles?

no way O:

From what I understand, From now has 2 dedicated teams for Souls games (at least for the time being), Miyazaki's team and the B-team. The B-team finished the SotFS version of DS2 months ago, so they have to be working on something else.  Bloodborne is getting an expansion, but Miyazaki may not need or want to oversee that directly. 

With their press conference taking place at 3pm PT/6pm ET on Monday, June 15, Ubisoft announced today that, due to popular demand, Aisha Tyler will be hosting once again.

You can already mark your card, tegan =)

But honestly, I don't think Aisha Tyler is that bad, she just makes some painfully forced jokes that are probably requested by someone at Ubisoft. When she's speaking freely it's OK, way better than Mr. Caffeine (that's a really low bar though).