Jake

Idle Thumbs 193: General Interest

Idle Thumbs 193:

637__header.jpg

General Interest

It's road trip week. Buckle your torn-off seat belt, and put the Elijah Wood Flipper movie on the in-van VCR because we're going to Disney World. Not responsible for any injuries of any kind including death.

Games Discussed: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Naut, Alien Isolation: Salvage Mode, Night in the Woods, Lost Constellation

RE: Night in the Woods

They have a NITW demo, but Longest Night (first supplemental) and Lost Constellation was put out in order to just show other bits of the world/characters but not be immediately related to the NITW story, so it gives you more insight into the kind of place that NITW inhabits. This is what I can recall from Scott (@bombsfall) talking on Twitter about it.

Also:

"Average person visits Disneyland once in their life" factoid actually just statistical error. Average person visits Disneyland 0 times in their life. Danielle Riendeau, who lives in It's A Small World & visits Disney 13 times a year, is an outlier and should not have been counted.

The Disney stuff is really chilling as I've heard of a lot of really sad stories about Disney cast members (all women) who were assaulted in some way by other employees.

I lost it at the Dunwalltimore joke. I was on public transit. Everyone was staring. I hope you're happy.

I think Sean was suggesting that Patricia was in fact at that 0 end of the Disney World visit spectrum going into this trip.

I lost it at the Dunwalltimore joke. I was on public transit. Everyone was staring. I hope you're happy.

This has happened to me several times while listening to Idle Thumbs, there's something simultaneously excruciating and wonderful about doing one's best to conceal the ridiculous grin on my face so that the other people in the street don't think I'm some inane moron. Please continue to do this Thumbs!

Is the episode supposed to end mid sentence? I was listening earlier today and assumed I was having some kind of buffering issue when I reached the end.

I love the idea of Dishonored Serial, but it would be way more boring because Corvo specifically got framed by the guy who imprisoned him and then the people who broke him out don't care if he did it or not. They just want to use him.

I also love this weird fact, which was pointed out in a Dishonored speed run I watched - if you kill the Empress, the game ends. So even though the plot of the game doesn't care at all if you actually did it, the game mechanics do.

Is the episode supposed to end mid sentence? I was listening earlier today and assumed I was having some kind of buffering issue when I reached the end.

I was wondering about that too. I hope the saga of Jake's cars continues in the next episode.

Had the great experience of this episode ending mid sentence and my podcast app immediately rolling into the next downloaded episode (Great Gatling Gunsby) to hear Jake finish the sentence with "farts, donkey cock." Thanks guys!!

Oh my god how did I get stuck in a time loop where every podcast I listen to has an extended conversation about how vaping is literal Deus Ex?!

This is a compliment, not a criticism.

I think Sean was suggesting that Patricia was in fact at that 0 end of the Disney World visit spectrum going into this trip.

Oh, I was literally just looking for an opportunity to use a Tumblr joke, that's all! Ha. :'(

Sadly the reason the episode ends as it does is because Jake turned off the recording as soon as I got excited about telling the cheese story.

Whyyyyyyy??

Edit: Just saw this. Jesus. I thought it was a just cheap paper mask or something..

Sadly the reason the episode ends as it does is because Jake turned off the recording as soon as I got excited about telling the cheese story.

Good thing I listened to this right away, because it'll probably take me a full week to forgive Richard Jacob for this. 

Just saw this. Jesus. I thought it was a just cheap paper mask or something..

Jesus Christ that's terrifying. Does the mask only come in one size: Andre the giant . Seriously that thing ain't made for human skulls. I love it, where can I get one

Looks like a loose oil drenched potato sack held on with gaffer tape

Jake, this is a podcast, not a car.

A friend of mine has also had a lot of luck with cars he drove in. So much luck that we even started to make bets on how far he would get, before that car would break down, when going on vacation. In his case it didn't matter if it was his car, parents car, or even rentals.

So Danielle went to Disneyland, yet not a single mention of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters!?

I fully identify with Chris' take on multiplayer games. I like the idea of them, but the older I got, the harder and harder it is for me to want to play them, like even for an hour. Having other people depend on me is just too much stress.

I was kind of excited about the MeUndies advert, until I went to their site. Unless I'm super dumb, they want $20-$24 per pair. Da fuq? I mean, I even buy some fairly nice undies as it is, but that's still like 3 times the price of buying a premium brand at retail.