Sign in to follow this  
RubixsQube

Jurassic World: Wasting away in Margaritaville

If this turns out to be Turner and Hooch, but with a velociraptor, it'll just be the best.

A Jurassic Lego game is probably the first time I've been super excited about a Lego game in awhile. I really like the Lego games, but can't say they get me super jazzed at new ones usually.

I completely missed this second trailer.

Highlights include confirmed raptorbuddies and the new dinosaur basically being a generic dinosaur that apparently acts like Predator.

GUYS I JUST HAD THE GREATEST THOUGHT

WHAT IF CHRIS PRATT IS HIMSELF A CLONE OF JEFF GOLDBLUM WITH FROG DNA

post-credits scene is him turning to the camera and saying "life finds a way. awrehehehaHAHAhaha"

The shitty MTV player is fucked for me, I get a non-existent ad then nothing.

No, the sexual harassment didn't reach high enough outrage levels to make it worth chasing down.

Ummm... hmm.. what a strange scene to release as an official movie clip.

I went in going "It can't be that bad" but it really was.

I almost feel like that should have been some deleted scene for another, less monied film.

Oh no, why did I watch that?

So, it is the 'Deep Blue Sea' of the Jurassic Park series? Renny Harlin would be proud.

It looks pretty bad...urgh. I need to watch the original now. 

Weird question: Do kids still love dinosaurs as much as I did in the 90s? The only books I'd read were about dinosaurs or Star Wars.

I can tell you my 3yo is ALL about them dinosaurs. He can even say some of the names!

As everyone is probably painfully aware, I try to be optimistic about new entries in old franchises. I also tend to like the ones that other people don't like.

Yeah this isn't looking good. I was on board with the first trailer, but it's getting harder and harder...

I'll still watch the hell out of it. If nothing else I can laugh at how bad it is? I definitely did that for some of the lines in the latest trailer...

"...A highly intelligent animal!" Yeah okay thanks Chris Pratt.

I went back to Jurassic Park a couple days ago and while there are definitely parts of that movie that don't play today, there's nothing that made me cringe to the degree that literally any given line from these trailers did.

Also, frankly? No Mr DNA, no ticket. Sorry, man, that's a dealbreaker

I've watched the original JP and The Lost World within the last couple of months (after the announcement of this increasingly apparent trainwreck).  The original is still fabulous.  The Lost World is fascinating because Spielberg directed it, but it lacks any of the artistry or vision that one expects from a Spielberg movie.  Apparently he decided to do it following Schindler's List because he wanted some fun following his exhaustion from making SL, and his exhaustion shows in the movie.

Jurassic World is looking more and more like someone watched the Lost World and decided that it was definitely the better of the two movies. 

Also, frankly? No Mr DNA, no ticket. Sorry, man, that's a dealbreaker

Mr DNA graduated, he's Dr DNA now.

I went back to Jurassic Park a couple days ago and while there are definitely parts of that movie that don't play today

Jurassic Park is weird for me, because I consider it a great film despite knowing how severely flawed it is. There are needless changes from the source material (in the book, Dr. Grant loves kids, because all kids love dinosaurs), characters constantly acting like idiots (Timmy frantically hopping around while Lex is hacking and Dr. Satler, mere feet away from him, is desperately reaching for a gun that he could just hand to her), and tremendous logical inconsistencies (the T.Rex manages to sneak up on everyone in the finale despite being so heavy that its footsteps shake the ground). It's very campy, in a way, but for whatever reason I mentally categorize it as being much more legitimate than other films with similar camp value.