N1njaSquirrel

Idle Santa 2014

I have no idea who this is from, I guess I don't actually know people's real names at ALL! 

Also, there's.. a dagger of some sorts included. I have zero idea what that is!  :devil:

Yeah, no idea neither, silly people with their silly names.

Your dagger might be some strange and pelty looking tree seed, which the sender or a related person thought to be a funny thing to include, without knowing that they can suddenly explode in a hilarious and hilariously terrifying startling (but not at all dangerous) fashion. I'm just telling you for a friend.

I received my package and it's very very awesome, but I hadn't have time to take pictures yet. I'll post them soon. Thanks a great lot, N1njaSquirrel!

Edit: Woah, new baby BigJKO - congrats! (I guess you are related. Is the baby's name LittleJKO?)

Your dagger might be some strange and pelty looking tree seed, which the sender or a related person thought to be a funny thing to include, without knowing that they can suddenly explode in a hilarious and hilariously terrifying startling (but not at all dangerous) fashion. I'm just telling you for a friend.

I received my package and it's very very awesome, but I hadn't have time to take pictures yet. I'll post them soon. Thanks a great lot, N1njaSquirrel!

Edit: Woah, new baby BigJKO - congrats! (I guess you are related. Is the baby's name LittleJKO?)

Thaaaaaaaaanks!!! :D:tup:

Oh yay it came! :D I didn't have the wherewithal to put tags on all the presents as to why I thought you might like them, but I'll explain away when you post pics! :D

I came home on New Years, got my package, opened it, and found this fantastic collection of stuff.

The most beautiful wrapping and a wonderful card.
z98m182.jpg
04yCQM4.jpg

N1njaSquirrel’s avatar, a tiny robot that is an Amazon-themed figurine from Japan with glowing eyes, moveable parts and, as far as I can tell, special joints. I have no idea, it’s a little bit creepy looking, I think it’s great.
LcTcc3r.jpg

The graphic novel 'Saga', Volume 1. I dig the art style.
WEelB9a.jpg

Then I got Yorkshire Tea that tastes excellent and Jaffa Cakes.
6Npbs2Q.jpg

In a cardboard tube I found this amazing original piece of art featuring The Binding of Isaac made by Icannotreadthesignature (not by you N1nja, no?)…
2uFA0dy.jpg

(I hope it's okay that I uploaded the picture like this. If not, let me know.)

…and this great Animal Crossing (I think) poster.
Radmdji.jpg

Thanks a million N1njaSquirrel, it was really like Christmas opening all those presents, the art will definitely be put up in my flat (and I already know where), the comic will be read, the tea will be drunk and the robot will look at me funny with its soulpiercing eyes.

Next year I would very much like to participate again. I hopefully will manage to get together better stuff and actually wrap it. Again, N1nja, thanks for organizing!

N1njaSquirrel’s avatar, a tiny robot that is an Amazon-themed figurine from Japan with glowing eyes, moveable parts and, as far as I can tell, special joints. I have no idea, it’s a little bit creepy looking, I think it’s great.

It's Cardbo/Danbo from Yotsuba&! It's a cardboard robot costume made by two of the characters as a school project that the protagonist mistakes for a real robot. The little thing on its chest is a coin slot.

2fc.jpg

In a cardboard tube I found this amazing original piece of art featuring The Binding of Isaac made by Icannotreadthesignature (not by you N1nja, no?)…

I hope it's okay that I uploaded the picture like this. If not, let me know.)

Sadly they were not done by me! It was done by my insanely talented (if I do say so myself) girlfriend! I'm glad you like them! Yes the pic is fine uploaded like that! And double yes, it is Animal Crossing! The signature is Moon Garage, shameless fucking self promotion

As for the tea and Jaffa Cakes, I firmly believe that Yorkshire Tea is the best tea in the world, and I always find that a good cuppa and Jaffa Cakes are what I miss most about England. They are, in my opinion, the two most british things ever. (bar the queen).

I'm glad you liked them!

So who hasn't recieved their Presents yet? I shall hound them to the ends of the world.

Half of my gift has arrived! (Through Steam.) Last I checked, the other half has not.

It's his girlfriend's stuff (see also her manga in the Plug Your Shit thread).

Look what came in the mail the other day:

CMxYnfD.jpg

Cool! What is it?

Thanks for asking! It's "Lucky Wander Boy", which apparently is a book that is good and about video games. I'll sneak it into the next slot on my list (tough luck Karl Ove).

There's also a thermally insulating drink container sleeve with a picture of a bird on it. On the bird the letters K and U can be seen, an initialism representing the Kniversity of Uansas. In the letter, which can be seen behind the book, and to which I'll get back later, there is some text briefly describing the history and origin of the bird, which, as it turns out, is not a real bird, but a fictional figure, functioning, as far as I can tell, as some sort of talisman intended to bring luck to KU, and the various sports teams with which it is associated. The origin is an interesting one, related to a group of warriors combating slavery enthusiasts during the American Civil War. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_Jayhawks#Origins_of_.22Jayhawk.22. I can put a beer can in it.

To the far left in the picture above you can see a glazed ceramic tile beautifully decorated with the image of a couple of enamored newly wed skeletons! It reminds one of such great video games as "Grim Fandango" and "The Curse of Monkey Island". There was also a letter.

Thanks to Bjorn for these wonderful gifts! They brought me both joy, cheer and the motivation to up my game for the 2015 sequel to Idle Santa.

Thanks tegan for the robot-info. So the little thing's famous.

Whooooaah!! The dagger just exploded with a loud crack! :tup:

Ha, great. (...that nobody got a heart attack. I think mine stumbled a bit when it happened while watching telly. Some dagger-part even hit the ceiling.)

Best regards to your girlfriend N1nja, amazing art! Unpacking I didn't get that the two pieces are by the same artist. The signature reads Moon Garage then. My best guess was something like Nom Garayl.

Yah, it made it! That package was my third shot at getting a gift in the mail, after plans A and B both failed. I was super bummed when the Coldblum sold out at the Idle Thumbs store, I was going to buy a half dozen of those to give out for Christmas.

Ha, great. (...that nobody got a heart attack. I think mine stumbled a bit when it happened while watching telly. Some dagger-part even hit the ceiling.)

I wasn't even in the room and we heard the crack. :o It was lying on the floor when I came in, so I imagine it went flying. :tup:

Thank you to whoever sent Chris and me The Summer Book! It was a really sweet thought that will be much appreciated. I fully plan on taking it the next time I'm in San Francisco.

Tegan sent me some books! She's a mind-reader, I've been wanting some comics and she didn't even have a list from me or anything. Thanks so much!

eESBPre.jpg

Hmm, so I guess now that this is un-pinned, it's time to ask anyone who hasn't received something to speak up.

The other half of my gift has not arrived yet, but I got a message today saying that there is a package waiting for me at the post office. I'm fairly sure it's that. I will try to pick it tomorrow.

I like to peel the price stickers off of things before I give them to people because I don't like them to worry about how much money I've spent, so it was pretty hilarious peeling progressively higher price stickers off the back of Ghost World to ultimately reveal a huge fucking price tag printed directly onto the book.

The other half of my gift has not arrived yet, but I got a message today saying that there is a package waiting for me at the post office. I'm fairly sure it's that. I will try to pick it tomorrow.

Oh good! I was starting to get worried. That took way longer than they told me it would.

Suggestion for next year: Everyone has to submit a list of their interests/allergies/etc and we start it like a month earlier.

Thank you to whoever sent Chris and me The Summer Book! It was a really sweet thought that will be much appreciated. I fully plan on taking it the next time I'm in San Francisco.

My thanks as well!