Sign in to follow this  
RoboticMonk3y

Jiff?

People get on the United State's case for poor gun control and you can buy freakin Anti Aircraft Guns in the Netherlands.

They need those guns.  The peanut butter must flow.  When the peanut butter flow stops, all eyes will turn to the Netherlands. 

Also, how did I not know that Dunecat was a thing.  This makes my day better:

post-33601-0-79937300-1402599269_thumb.jpg

It might be time to give Dune another watch. I might have reached the age now where I have both the intellegence and patience necessary to understand the whole thing. 

I doubt it.  It's still one of those things I file under "glorious mess" that I rewatch ever few years because I enjoy so many individual elements of it. 

That argument is bogus. For example .bin stands for binary but nobody says it like that. NICE TRY STEVE.

Also it's a modulator-demodulator, but no one would pronounce modem as mah-deem.

I doubt it.  It's still one of those things I file under "glorious mess" that I rewatch ever few years because I enjoy so many individual elements of it. 

What's made Lynch's Dune better is watching Jodorowsky's Dune, both seeing the prehistory of the project and seeing Jodo's childlike glee at what a mess Lynch made of it.

I managed to totally space off going and seeing that the one night it was in a theater close to me. Going to have to wait for a video release now. 

Dune exists as kind of a mythological thing for me, because among my friends in junior high, there were rumors of all these different versions of it, including like a 6 hour European version that was the "true" experience.  It gave the movie this kind of crazy element of possibility that it only shared with things like ET or Heavy Metal, which were equally difficult to get ahold of.  Of course there were multiple versions, but none like the ones we imagined there might be.

I was just checking Wikipedia to verify that there were in fact multiple versions, and ran across this mind-blowing jem:

After seeing The Elephant Man, producer Raffaella De Laurentiis decided that David Lynch should direct the movie. Around that time Lynch received several other directing offers, including Return of the Jedi.

I wish I lived in a world where Lynch had been given the reigns to Star Wars for one movie.  The mind reels at what he might have done to it. 

You all are just on the wrong side of history now. In 50 years you'll be embarrassed of how backward you were.