Jake

Idle Thumbs 160: Die Übiverse

Well I'd prefer it if I don't have to unlock him because he was available in all games be default.

Nintendo's showstopper at E3 this year will be Waluigi's WaluWorld. Or whatever. Waluever.

I haven't thought about Alvin Earthworm in a long time, he was a flash animator that made a sprite-based flash Mario/Sonic crossover series called Mario Bros Z that was full of high action fights inspired by Dragon Ball Z, I'm not surprised that a kid would be into that.

As it relates to the poem, Wario and Waluigi play bit parts in the series, comically stumbling about in search of treasures as they find themselves in the middle of large scale fights and otherwise having no impact on the plot.

Clearly Sam was upset that Waluigi never took part in said battles.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

Also I just noticed I used "at the end of the day" twice in my last post. Fucking kill me now guys.

Why kill you when you're already dead to language?

Why kill you when you're already dead to language?

):

Luigi revealing he's been a villain all along during his year in the spotlight and now being a full heel is the best wrestling storyline ever.

That gif is amazing.

Also, I neither watch nor care about mad men, so thanks for putting made men talk at the end of the episodes so I can skip it.

Well I'd prefer it if I don't have to unlock him because he was available in all games be default.

I stand corrected. The aforementioned statement is true, only because he is always unlocked leaving us all happily able to play as him at all times.

Apparently the Thumbs were accidentally correct about Watch Dogs being connected to the Assassin's Creed universe: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-assassins-creed-4-character-crosses-over-to-watch-dogs (article has some spoilers)

Also, it turns out that the Ubiverse is an actual thing too:

"[Watch Dogs is its] own game in the Ubiverse," McDevitt wrote on Ubisoft's official AC Initiates forum.

I find it amusing how so much of the stuff that's joked about on the cast is later revealed to be true. 

Wapeach -- an angry princess who never needs saving by anyone.

Warupichi almost achieved video fame in Mario Tennis in 2000:

tumblr_m9seehdU2O1rw70wfo1_500.png

Also on another note, Watch Underscore Dogs has also risen controversy because one of the things that you can 'out' people on to make a distraction is that they are trans-sexual. As if that's a thing people should be ashamed of.

I'm not sure what hallucinogenics you've been taking but that is totally not a thing in the game at all. When you scan people Via the CTOS system using your phone it will flash up some random titbit about them 'credit card declined' 'has season ticket to Football' etc (because the whole premise about the game is that everyone is being surveyed by the CTOS system), but all hacking does is steal money from their bank account, steal music or point you in the direction of some item/event somewhere. There's no option to 'out' people as you purport. 

I get the need to 'hate on' AAA you've no intention of playing in case doing so ruins your indie cred, but at least trade in reality Versus fiction and grossly false dis-information . 

I get the need to 'hate on' AAA you've no intention of playing in case doing so ruins your indie cred, but at least trade in reality Versus fiction and grossly false dis-information . 

Don't do that. Feel free to correct people when they're wrong if they're actually wrong, but don't act all high and mighty. He probably heard it somewhere and, because it's rooted at least partially in fact, it sounded believable. Nobody has a fucking agenda. Thank you.

Don't do that. Feel free to correct people when they're wrong if they're actually wrong, but don't act all high and mighty. He probably heard it somewhere and, because it's rooted at least partially in fact, it sounded believable. Nobody has a fucking agenda. Thank you.

I like it that you put 'if' in there. Some of us actually play games before criticising them. I guess that's being high and mighty in your view though.

As regards this episode. Telephone the podcast. Seriously if you're going to do a show about games, talk about games you've played/are playing Vs talking about 3rd hand impressions of games that aren't remotely in your wheel house.

I like it that you put 'if' in there. Some of us actually play games before criticising them. I guess that's being high and mighty in your view though.

Nah, being "high and mighty" is when you act like a total dick in correcting someone over a minor detail about a video game, to the point of inventing an extreme and unflattering agenda to explain a perfectly natural misunderstanding, as if you've never once been wrong in your whole life.

... games that aren't remotely in your wheel house.

Please, go on.

Warupichi almost achieved video fame in Mario Tennis in 2000:

tumblr_m9seehdU2O1rw70wfo1_500.png

The rumor also has it that her manager was supposed to be Wallet Bill.

:getmecoat