melmer

Bloodborne (Dark Souls 2 successor (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor)))

They're saying the right things at least. Miyazaki is directing this one too right?

This cannot possibly live up to my expectations after seeing that trailer.

I'm always such a downer, can't help it, but if it weren't for From's other games there wouldn't be much about that trailer that stood out to me. Having lower expectations means I can be positively surprised again though, so I don't mind. In all honesty the trailers for their other games were never that great either.

Demon and dark souls were fantastic in terms of combat, but this looks so much better, more fluid and action oriented without losing the strategy and patience required. It's ridiculous that they managed to improve it.

That just looks bloody fantastic.  The hitboxes on weapons look really good.  Also some great moments in there, like the scream going up the ladder or the wheelchair guy with the blunderbuss.

God damn the environmental art looks so good. They've done a fantastic job making it feel more like a real place than the environments of the Souls games.

It looks like they've done away with healing items in favor of regen through the blood of enemies you attack? I think I like that change if so.

Man, I don't want to buy a console : (

Gotta say I really hate the specific time frame the theme. It feels weird and tacky and reminds me of bad steampunk.

Gotta say I really hate the specific time frame the theme. It feels weird and tacky and reminds me of bad steampunk.

I had the exact same reaction, especially in the overworld parts where you can see the clock tower

I had the exact same reaction, especially in the overworld parts where you can see the clock tower

Waaaaaah I love it : (

Steampunk though? Victorian gothic, sure, but it all looked pretty low tech to me...

The zombies were controlled by deckers

We Shadowrun now.

haha like some of the zombie dudes had vests and stuff on. It was really hard to take seriously for some reason without me thinking about 70s british sketch comedy.

All that's required is a clumsy narration over the whole thing. "I stepped onto the canvas of DESPAIR... right next to the pit of madness. I thought to myself: hold on. I've got to be careful."

I'd play Garth Marenghi's Dark Souls

I'd throw my money at that in a shot. I don't know how it'd work, but I don't care.

I'd throw my money at that in a shot. I don't know how it'd work, but I don't care.

Just use that funeral zombie bit as the style guide.