Sign in to follow this  
Impossidog

Good Hangover Breakfast?

I don't drink often, maybe every six months. But when I do I have pretty bad hangovers and always want a nice tasty breakfast.

Any suggestions?

Yea, what Tycho said. Build off and evening of drinking with drinking plenty of water. You'll greatly reduce any hangovers you might have or even not get one at all.

Also, take fries, put döner or Shwarma on top, grated cheese on top of that and put into oven until the cheese has melted. Then put fresh lettuce on top of it and douse it with garlic sauce. KAPSALON!

Lots of water the night before.

+1

But also there are a few good things you can give to someone feeling a little worse for wear the next morning.

What i've found to be a good combo for my hungover friends is something stodgy but with a bit mild spicyness to help wake up deadened taste buds.

Bubble and Squeak is good old fashion british fry up and a great base to add whatever spices take your fancy to, just be careful not to overdo it, then you can add some good peppery sausages (meaty or veggy varietys both work)and fried eggs on the side for a very low hassle but tasty breakfast.

Also i personally love fresh grapefruit juice, but tbh anything freshly squeezed will taste wonderful.

My usual hangover breakfast is a lunch of spaghetti with whatever else I happen to have in the fridge, which is typically ketchup and Tabasco. 

EDIT: forgot to mention that you should drink water before going to bed.

Lots of water and vitamin c before you go to sleep.

When you wake up: eggs with bacon and a gin.

Went to buy groceries, got lots of protein, orange juice, yogurt, straw berries, hash browns and sherbet. 

My favourite thing to do, if I have the willpower, is to find a breakfast or brunch buffet. Sadly there's almost none in my current town, and the ones that do exist are in hotels, so they have hotel prices.

ketchup

Eating ketchup is worse than anything else a human being can do to themselves, so I can definitely see how it'd make you forget all about your hangover.

I thoughtfully wanted suggestions for a tasty breakfast? I like chorizo scramea eggs of a saturday.

I drank a good amount of water last night so my hangover isn't super bad, luckily here in Canada it is easy to find bacon.

+1+ to drinking water! I don't even think it has to be lots. I drank relatively a lot of alcohol last month (helped me quit smoking) and I didn't have a hangover even once. I always drank at least one glass of water before bed and/or between drinks. But I only drank wine & beer.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but drinking water is a good idea..

Being hydrated helps a lot

I don't get many hangovers but it seems to me like anything awful for you helps you feel better, especially if you eat something pretty fatty (bacon etc) then chase it with sugar (pancakes fruit juice etc)

I rarely get a hangover due to the water — it's the post-drinking kebab that gets me and renders me toilet-bound the following day.

With that said, nothing is as generally appealing as a fry-up the morning after. It appeals to the same part of the brain that makes a kebab or whatever as appealing as sex if not more so the night before.

I always crave lots of juice or a smoothie after a night drinking (doesn't happen often). But Kedgeree or if you absolutely cannot have spices; sweet potato, onions and chorizo fried up is a great hangover cure.

Double Sausage Egg McMuffin with hash brown and orange juice. Or full English breakfast with a pint of lager.

Lie in bed with tears silently rolling down your cheeks. 

That was my breakfast last time i went and got bladdered (that was around a year and a half ago - never again).

Personally I generally either wake up feeling fine or I wake up exhibiting all the symptoms of a severe concussion. On the rare occasion I find myself with a manageable hangover I'll just fry some eggs. Greasy without being too upsetting and about as complicated to cook as I'm willing to put up with under such circumstances.