Sign in to follow this  
TychoCelchuuu

ObjectiveGameReviews.com - A Subtle Journey of Discovery

The Dark Forces review titles are a thing of beauty.

STAR WARS: DARK FORCES IV: JEDI KNIGHT III: JEDI OUTCAST II: JEDI ACADEMY

Edit: it turns out writing objective reviews is somewhat difficult! I have three-quarters of the Minecraft review done, including some jokes (I am making hay out of the primary interaction being punching landscape features, and Minecraft is especially suited to listing things and having those lists mean nothing). I am trying to decide if listing the game modes should be done in the second or third paragraphs, because it flows better in the second paragraph after I mention that there are four game modes, but most of the existing reviews avoid that kind of detail in paragraph 2.

Well take your time and make it good - that Minecraft review is the site's ticket to a payday, via an elaborate scheme I have yet to work out that ends with Notch retweeting the review to his six million followers. If it's any help for some games, especially games where the mechanics are sort of sparse, I include fairly detailed mechanical stuff in paragraph 2.

Have you ever met someone and said to yourself "this person is my reason for existing. They give my life purpose" or anything like that? Today, I met that person. This series of tweets go on for a while and gets into stuff like the grand leftist conspiracy about net neutrality but I figured I'd cut it off there. This man is my website's reason for existing. He is my muse.

fucking CHRIST this guy needs to just post all that shit on a blog and THEN post a LINK to that on twitter how can anyone read this shit

edit: Holy hell this guy is NUTS! I made the mistake of looking at some more tweets of his. This is goddamn gold!

again edit: JESUS this is addictive. Has the gall to call an (admittedly dickish) atheist a bigot, then retweets a bunch of racist and sexist shit unironically.

I should stop. I have to stop. I'm going to stop.

I know it would be awkward to have people who don't get the joke writing for your website, but I just keep imagining him as the author of a weekly rant-style objective editorial column.

Have you ever met someone and said to yourself "this person is my reason for existing. They give my life purpose" or anything like that? Today, I met that person. This series of tweets go on for a while and gets into stuff like the grand leftist conspiracy about net neutrality but I figured I'd cut it off there. This man is my website's reason for existing. He is my muse.

He's...Canadian? The rest of us are sorry. Yes, all 35 million or thereabouts.

I've gazed upon the void, and it has a wordpress blog.

I love that 90% of the blog posts come off as if he's lecturing the reader, the amount of self righteousness and arrogance is spectacular.  Anyone who uses "social activist" as an insult is adorable.

What did I just read?

Wait,so if TotalBiscuit and Obama being popular doesn't lead to them "experts", why is putting degradingly sexualized stuff in a game justified if it sells more?

Well, if you read the guy's profile description, it probably tells you all you need to know. 

1300 followers?  Please, please let them be people who are following him just to laugh at him. 

it turns out writing objective reviews is somewhat difficult!

Yeah, no kidding! Being super busy at work atm doesn't help but still I am having a lot more trouble with this than I expected.

That is... incredible. I mean clearly that guy's nuts but I've seen the basic sentiment behind what he wants out of "objective" criticism and I honestly have no idea what these people really want. I don't think they do, either. They say they want unbiased reviews which help them decide whether or not to drop dollars on a game, but they also rail against any criticism that might help them make that decision if they perceive it as biased. Which... can only conceivably be based on their own biases. Then they hold up things like pointing out sexism as examples of biased journalism, because clearly the objectively more important thing to note is that Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate has new sit down bounce mechanics.

Actually what am I doing, fuck expending brain power trying to understand these people.

Ultimately they just want validation of their own opinions and anything against that is perceived as being biased, or part of some sort of social activist cabal that is trying to kill the medium of their choice. They don't want objective reviews, they want to their opinion to be the "correct" one.

They want 'objective reviews' but are labouring under the misapprehension that their own opinions are objective.

They want 'objective reviews' but are labouring under the misapprehension that their own opinions are objective.

But objectively those are there opinions, to them the game is objectively good or bad. Not much use I grant you when each person objectivity is subjective to their own self but there we are.

Yes but they're objectively stupid is the whole point. They believe their opinions are objectively correct because they are too stupid to realize that their opinions are actually opinions. That's just how some people are.

Yes but they're objectively stupid is the whole point. They believe their opinions are objectively correct because they are too stupid to realize that their opinions are actually opinions. That's just how some people are.

Twig... Facts are what I believe, opinions are what others believe. Opinions can be wrong, why would I believe something that's wrong? That makes no sense. Come on, this isn't hard.