Sign in to follow this  
TychoCelchuuu

ObjectiveGameReviews.com - A Subtle Journey of Discovery

That Bioshock 2 review might be my favorite yet! Did you send it to Jordan Thomas?

This is how you do video reviews.

Paired with gameplay footage, preferably with the character not moving at all, as choices made within the game may infer agenda.

But pepper in the word "objective" said in the same sultry manner as they say "exclusive" in game trailers or whatever.

ie

That Bioshock 2 review might be my favorite yet! Did you send it to Jordan Thomas?

No. Also I don't know who Jordan Thomas is. Would Jordan Thomas be receptive to reading the review? I send these things to people like spambots send spam. Except it's not spam, it's... information...

No. Also I don't know who Jordan Thomas is. Would Jordan Thomas be receptive to reading the review? I send these things to people like spambots send spam. Except it's not spam, it's... information...

He was the creative lead on Bioshock 2. Here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/nullspeak

Oh, that's Jordan Thomas? And he was the creative lead on BioShock 2? I've been following him on twitter for months (years?) now. I only knew his as "nullspeak" though. Hilarious! In any case I don't think I'll tweet the review at him - @ mentioning someone in a "we just reviewed X" tweet isn't very spammy, but just straight up saying "hey check out my website" feels a little skeevy.

How about "here's our review of X in case you missed it last week /cc @blabla"?

meh

If you ever make a website, definitely don't set up Google Analytics on it. This shit's addictive. On my second monitor I have the real time monitoring up. It's telling me that someone in Albuquerque is reading the Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC review. FASCINATING.

meh

You'll go far in the world of SEO and synergizing core competencies to leverage viral social media capitalization with an attitude like that!

Edit: Furthermore, I just ran an Objective Game Review through a text-to-speech reader and it was very amusing and helpful in eliminating any residual traces of subjectivity that I as a reader was projecting onto the words.

This is how you do video reviews.

Paired with gameplay footage, preferably with the character not moving at all, as choices made within the game may infer agenda.

That'd be pure artistry.

OR WOULD IT?

"We like to think that objectivity is our job, not your job!"

Nice one :tup:

It's really bizarre when people react to these type of things mentioning that it may be a joke while obviously not realising it's a joke.

See Tycho? That's the kind of person that might be infuriated by the addition of a Subjective Button!

It's really bizarre when people react to these type of things mentioning that it may be a joke while obviously not realising it's a joke.

I may be wrong, but I think 99.99999% of people who say some form of "Is this a joke" really really really hope it isn't a joke.

Yeah, that's the impression I get too. They can see the signs, but they want to believe (or not believe, whatever).

The reviews are objective!

This might be a joke, but no review can be objective because a person is writing it, plus you've got scores at the end which you haven't given any proof how they're objective.

This might be a joke, but no review can be objective because a person is writing it, plus you've got scores at the end which you haven't given any proof how they're objective.

joke

your head

(the scores are completely subjective, don't tell anyone)

joke

your head

(the scores are completely subjective, don't tell anyone)

joke

your head

Or Joke and my head too now? :( 

joke

heads

joke