Sign in to follow this  
Bjorn

Starbound

I am planning on getting my server setup tonight. I have pretty good bandwidth, but I don't have a static IP or anything so the address will probably change about once a month or so. If people are willing to put up with that, I'll post the IP in the multiplayer forum.

I am planning on getting my server setup tonight. I have pretty good bandwidth, but I don't have a static IP or anything so the address will probably change about once a month or so. If people are willing to put up with that, I'll post the IP in the multiplayer forum.

That sounds great! I need a good multiplayer server to play on!

Those of you that play, I'm Inferno313 on Steam. I played maybe 10 hours of this or so when it first came out but put it off until it's more feature complete. Now seems like a good time to get back into it.

I was looking at setting up a server for coworkers this weekend, if I do I'll share the details here.

I think a server is pretty much what will cement me into playing this game a lot. What good is creating stuff if nobody is there to see it!

Working on getting my second machine updated and setup to contact the internet. What with the Super Bowl tomorrow, I'm going to try and get it up in the next few hours, but if I can't make that it'll have to wait until Monday.

Information posted in the multiplayer forum.

An update just rolled live (maybe by accident?) that seems to cause it to crash for most people. Steam is offline on my server, but I just barely stopped my main PC from updating before it was too late.

Edit: Update seems to work fine now.

Nice, after getting clobbered by the first boss, I've decided to actually build myself a house rather than being nomadic in my ship all the time. I don't have any pictures worth posting yet.

I am starting to get annoyed with some of the quests. The early ones to unlock ship upgrades require easily acquirable items. Now i have two that require items from the random NPC settlements/tombs/shrines etc. I cannot find a planet with these so I am stuck and will probably just hack them into my inventory. 

Have you had to fight the first boss yet? That's a pretty dang hard area.

Yes, I had tons of healing items and am playing on casual

That pretty quickly stalled out my progress. When I got hit by one of those beams I died before I could even use a healing item.

I have started playing Starbound, somewhat as a self-counterprogramming move on the release of NMS. I am really, really enjoying myself. I have never played Terraria or minecraft or any of the buildy-style survival games. The game from this vantage point seems almost infinitely vast. I have a space ship, but my biggest advancements thus far are an iron hat and planting corn.

I'm vaguely considering paying for a multiplayer server for a while. Would that interest anyone around here?

Not with No Man's Sky around at the moment. >_>

I'm vaguely considering paying for a multiplayer server for a while. Would that interest anyone around here?

Absolutely yes.

Just picked up a plan for a server for the next three months. Once I play around with configuring it, I'll post the info in the multiplayer forum. I'll also be sharing it with fellow fans of a European podcast called "How to Murder Time" so hopefully we'll have enough people to make it interesting.