Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

I'm back with a special daily challenge.  It's the first daily I've recorded on my newly fixed desktop.  Some of the settings are still off (it didn't record my voice and the video isn't the right size) so I'll have to adjust that for next time.  And because I've never played on this computer before, I was unlocking journal entries left and right.  Also, I'm using the Metroid mod so everything looks totally different.  My death was a direct result of being unfamiliar with the new look.

I skipped recording yesterday because I was having internet issues.  Here's another one with the Metroid mod, this time my voice came through, although I died in the dumbest way.

I had some trouble with tiki traps today. On one of the jungle levels, I got hit twice by one of them. Luckily I had a ton of health and survived. Then again in the temple I had another tikitastrophe.

Today's daily was BEE-CENTRIC. I was sad that Chris didn't get past Bees Pt. I and discover Bees Pt II. 

It still went quite shit, but at least I managed to leave the caves.

Another double feature. For some reason OBS messed up on both videos and split them into 2 files with a few seconds missing, not sure what's up with that.

So, my buddy sent me a screen shot from

with the words "this is the part of the video game where you take the dog to a secluded spot and beat it within an inch of its life."

XnrGs1H.png

I'm not sure why I'm bothering. (I keep forgetting what the "fire" button is when I steal shotguns)

Damn, the shopkeeper got me by surprise in the mothership.

So, my buddy sent me a screen shot from

with the words "this is the part of the video game where you take the dog to a secluded spot and beat it within an inch of its life."

XnrGs1H.png

The dogs are watching.

IMPORTANT QUESTION.

On Chris' daily challenge from a few days ago, he commits suicide in the ice caves by letting a falling platform crush him, after which he respawns in the moai head, gets the hedjet, and progresses to the next level. At this point, he finds that he has lost the jetpack. This is real weird. Why does this happen?