Irishjohn

Idle Explorers (Spelunky, um, thumbs)

Today's seed, eh? Fucking hell, edge of my seat. Succumbed in the temple with no bombs, no ropes, no spike shoes, and no shotgun. More near misses than I could count. Wish I'd recorded it!

I wanna pop in to say that, while I play Spelunky, I don't bother uploading to youtube, and only Twitch occasionally, but I love coming here and corroborating my run with all your videos. 

I beat Hell for the first time today, and on the daily too! FUCKING YASSSSSSSS

102 hours and 501 attempts. So happy right now, my heart is beating like mad. Think I'll shoot for the speedrun achievement next. 

Had a reasonably terrible run today (as they've all been lately), but there's a lot of money to be had in today's random roll.

Todays seed was bugging me. I screwed up my jump and visited a tiki trap.

Today I played a game of quick draw with a Tiki Trap and lost.

You should have seen 2-4. It was Tiki Trap City. In other words, I lost twice in 2-4.

Beat Hell today, as well. It's a special day, since it was the first time I made it all the way through the game after angering the shopkeepers. Also since I robbed the Black Market, I got a new personal high score of 648900.

Mostly it was smooth sailing, except at the end of 5-2. My solution to the tricky exit area was the same as spork armada's, except I didn't pull it off quite as smoothly. My health went from 7 to 2 (no Kapala) after an encounter with one of the spike balls. Was left lying on the floor dazed as the enraged shopkeeper was doing his insane dance a mere half a screen to my right. Luckily he didn't reach me and I was able to take him out.