Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Statistics show that as education levels rise and child death drops, parents worldwide overwhelmingly gravitate towards less children. A sustainable population starts with educating people and lifting them out of medieval health standards. The latest thinking is that mankind won't grow exponentially, but is levelling out for this very reason. We'll reach about 10 billion in 2050 I believe, and that'll be about it. There's more than enough room and resources for that much people, if we allocate it wisely and restructure our economies.

Nah, we'll all live forever, and then the population control laws will set in. There will be riots, the police will be overwhelmed, sympathizing with the rioters. At first we'll try robots. Oh they'll be the first. But after the revolution, once humanity rebuilds and the same problems occur. That's when we'll start it.

We'll need a new type of police. Better, smarter, faster than any normal human. Able to withstand the greatest punishment, endure the greatest trials. And most importantly look like a total badass while doing so. That's right, we'll that him out of cryo and clone him. A motherfucking Kurt Russel will be on every street corner, every bank, every pharmacy. Because ask yourself, no matter how badass you are, would you mess with this face?

escape_la_movie_image_kurt_russell_blu-r

Yay for humanity!

Let's not get crazy, here.

A motherfucking Kurt Russel will be on every street corner, every bank, every pharmacy. Because ask yourself, no matter how badass you are, would you mess with this face?

Frenetic Pony is Hideo Kojima confirmed.

Statistics show that as education levels rise and child death drops, parents worldwide overwhelmingly gravitate towards less children. A sustainable population starts with educating people and lifting them out of medieval health standards. The latest thinking is that mankind won't grow exponentially, but is levelling out for this very reason. We'll reach about 10 billion in 2050 I believe, and that'll be about it. There's more than enough room and resources for that much people, if we allocate it wisely and restructure our economies.

...that's a pretty big "if".

...that's a pretty big "if".

The game Fate of the World has me sure in a way the anxious young Gormongous never was that we're all doomed by peak oil and our own stupidity.

Sometimes I wonder why the fuck I chose Urkel as my avatar.

The sad thing is, I would be deeply confused, because I recognize you more by that avatar than by your username or your face, which you've posted elsewhere. If you ever were anyone or anything but Urkel, I'd be hella confused every time you posted.

I think it would be funny if Zeusthecat changed his av to a picture of himself doing the exact same pose as the urkel in his av.

The game Fate of the World has me sure in a way the anxious young Gormongous never was that we're all doomed by peak oil and our own stupidity.

Is that worth picking up?  I've looked at it several times over the years, but never talked myself into it.

Is that worth picking up?  I've looked at it several times over the years, but never talked myself into it.

I'd say it's worth five bucks, if you've got it sitting around during a Steam sale. It presents a very convincing case for the near-impossible challenges of the next century, but if you're the kind of person who needs any modicum of success to enjoy a game, you'll despise it utterly.

I just wanted to make a note that, for the record, and contrary to any suggestion given by recent forum activity, I am not inebriated, but have merely consumed one quart of a liter of 6.6% ABV Belgian bier over the course of half an hour to forty minutes, between one and two hours ago, everything is fine, and I hope that each and every one of you has a pleasant and, more importantly, a worthwhile weekend, if not immediately then certainly in the medium to very long term.

Please don't forget to support your local run-on sentence.

Exuberance

I'd say it's worth five bucks, if you've got it sitting around during a Steam sale. It presents a very convincing case for the near-impossible challenges of the next century, but if you're the kind of person who needs any modicum of success to enjoy a game, you'll despise it utterly.

I had missed this reply.  I do not require success to get something of value from a game.  I'll have to put it on my wishlist and wait for a sale.

Today I had chinese food for dinner with my sister. At the end of dinner, as always, there was the usual fortune cookie. My fortune?

"A lovely individual is waiting for you."

That was when I realized its been almost a week since I left my apartment building. That lovely individual's gonna be waiting a while, I guess.

I'm not going to go into my usual rant about how fortune cookies aren't actually Chinese since I imagine most people are aware of that by now.  My personal favorite (and most accurate) fortune I've ever received in a cookie was

"When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out, because that's what's inside"

Such insight.

"Hand that touch this slip will be saved from misfortune". I for some reason just found that one in my wallet.

I have a great idea!

Fortune-cookies that have common misconceptions inside. One could be "Fortune-cookies were not invented in China."

I have a great idea!

Fortune-cookies that have common misconceptions inside. One could be "Fortune-cookies were not invented in China."

I would enjoy that immensely.

You know that someday we're going to get into a political pissing match with China big enough that Fox News will declare that we need to start calling them Freedom Cookies.  And they'll all come with inspiring quotes from the Founders with pictures of bald eagles on them.

Did you ever read a new story just because the stock photo preview person looked hot and then when you click into the story the stock photo isn't used?

Assuming that emoticons become a standard part of written language in the future as they almost are now; should the emoticon go before or after punctuation in a sentence.
Example:
Have a good day. :)
vs.
Have a good day :).

The first seems more natural to the current way of thinking, but seeing as the emotion is relevant to the initial sentence an not necessarily any that follow it kinda makes sense to include it before the break or something.

Just an FYI I should have gone to bed a long time ago.

EDIT: I just typed those smiles as text emoticons, the forum made them images. The point still stands, in fact it might be stronger with the use of graphics instead of characters though.

I think it is likely that if emoticons become a standard part of written language, then punctuation will probably become a thing of the past and everything will exist as giant run-on sentences.

That's got me thinking.  I wonder if some time in the far distant future some alien historians will look at the evolution of language on this planet and wonder why we went from meaningful pictographic writing, to words and letters, then to silly pictograms and meaningless words and letters.

That's got me thinking.  I wonder if some time in the far distant future some alien historians will look at the evolution of language on this planet and wonder why we went from meaningful pictographic writing, to words and letters, then to silly pictograms and meaningless words and letters.

:eyebrow:  :eyebrow:  :sombrero:  :blink:  :angry:  :oldman:

:wtf:

:getmecoat

?

Touchscreen is probably the worst input device ever made.