Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

I think I've eaten at a Fatburger once in my life and a Five Guy's never, or once. I have no recollection of the experience (or experiences, as it may be).

Wow. A decent amount of Canadians on here.

I have mixed feelings about Pizza Pizza pizzas.

I have very strong memories of walking into a Pizza Pizza post movie and getting a slice the size of my face. That was when I was 14; so my opinion may be almost entirely nostalgia at this point.

Also Vancouver has amazing chinese (especially if you count Richmond) and OK pizza (getting better!). 

I live in surrey/newton, so the only 'chinese' place nearby is only meh, and it doesn't deliver. Never actually been to Richmond now that I think about it o.O

I like A&W and Wendy's, personally, though I have a soft spot for Burger King.

Sorry to say, but you like bad things.

There's a Fatburger here in Calgary, but I've never been. I can't imagine anything coming close to The Works though. I went to the Ottawa one when visiting the city once and it was the best. We don't have those out West.

The Calgary fatburger (at least in NE Calgary, near marlborough) is alright. I lived and worked nearby for about 5 months.

Also Harvey's is great.

EDIT: OnO

They have good Hotdogs OuO.

Oh; Also a quick side note.

Fuck Five Guys! The only Five Guys near me (not sure if it's regular for the franchise) has open barrels of circus peanuts everywhere (and appearently they cook with a lot of peanut oil as well) so I can't eat there. Being deathly allergic to nuts that is.

Five Guys is objectively the best. If you disagree, you are objectively wrong, objectively.

Harvey's is amazing.

Fuck Five Guys! The only Five Guys near me (not sure if it's regular for the franchise) has open barrels of circus peanuts everywhere (and appearently they cook with a lot of peanut oil as well) so I can't eat there. Being deathly allergic to nuts that is.

The one I went to in Ottawa had the same thing, so I suppose if you're allergic to nuts it is a terrifying and deadly place. Which makes me sad, because their food is delicious.

There's a Fatburger here in Calgary, but I've never been. I can't imagine anything coming close to The Works though. I went to the Ottawa one when visiting the city once and it was the best. We don't have those out West.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Works. Their food is amazing and the sheer variety is astounding. But they're in a bit of a different category from a lot of the other places being talked about here, they're really more of a sit-down restaurant. Of course if our only criteria is "place that sells burgers" then The Works really does deserve to be pretty high on the metaphorical list being generated by this thread.

Incoming heresey:  In-N-Out isn't as good as people say it is.

It's still a hell of a lot better than Five Guys though. Fuck Five Guys.

Incoming heresey:  In-N-Out isn't as good as people say it is.

My LA-domestic sister insists on picking me/my family up from the airport if we ever fly down there for the express purpose of In-N-Out. I don't get it either :/

It's still a hell of a lot better than Five Guys though. Fuck Five Guys.

This is objectively wrong, as previously noted. You are welcome to objectively shove some object up your nether regions as punishment.

Five Guys made both shammack and I quite ill the first and only time we ate there.

I hate admitting when I eat fast food, but that being said, I love a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit from Whataburger in the mornings. That said, I don't think I ever actually eaten a burger there in 15 years and almost afraid to because all of the other breakfast foods I've ever gotten there have been garbage. I am also partial to a few things at Taco Cabana. I guess I have a thing for Texas chains.

Also when did people stop sending e-mails and posts with the signature, "Sent from my iPhone?" Did everyone figure out how to erase that finally or did the iPhone stop being a status of wealth? Was it ever a status of wealth or was it more of a statement of the users stupidity because the user didn't know the settings on their own phone?

I still have some form of that sig, with an apology for shortness/typos, on my work email.  It lets customers/coworkers know that I'm not sending a short/abbreviated e-mail because I'm a brusque jerk, I'm just tappin' on a terrible on screen keyboard.

You're right, though, I think it used to be a conspicuous consumption marker.

I do the same on my work e-mails, but I chop out the massive amount of marketing stupidity and leave it as just "Sent from my phone".

I sent an email like that by accident exactly once. I was on my Vita and had to send an email to a professor ASAP. I did not have a smart phone, so that was my option. I sent a formal letter to my professor that unwittingly had the auto-signature "SENT FROM MY PLAYSTATION VITA" at the end. Thanks, Sony.

I wish Telltale made a game based on Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Each episode covers one of the thirteen books. Get on it, Nick.

I was at work today and saw someone wearing a GiantBomb hoodie.

...there's nothing else to add to that, just something I noticed.

This feels like the pettiest thing ever to complain about, but I really hate how Amazon's one- and two-day shipping policy has become mostly a vague promise. This is the sixth time in the past couple months that they've sent me an email that's just been, "Yeah, we said it'd be there Tuesday, but it won't. You know how it is."

In fact, I'm developing an actual love/hate relationship with Amazon. Not the kind of "love/hate relationship" where you actually really like something but it's inconvenient or embarrassing, but a love/hate relationship where I love Amazon's selection, pricing, and return policy, yet hate every other aspect of interacting with them.

If it makes you feel any better, my Amazon packages frequently arrive at least a day earlier than promised.

If it makes you feel any better, my Amazon packages frequently arrive at least a day earlier than promised.

Eh, I'd say that three out of four of mine do, too. It's more just that there's actually no guarantee or even accountability tied to their time-sensitive shipping. Their email notifying me of a postponed delivery isn't even that apologetic. It's like, "Shit happens."

I had an Amazon.com package sent through two day shipping and it "arrived" after two days. If I typed in the tracking number on the FedEx website it says it was delivered. There was no package. About 3 days later FedEx dropped it off at my front door. So I don't really know what happened there, but I'm glad I got my stuff - for a while I just assumed it had been stolen.

I pay for Amazon Prime and they pulled the same shit on me and I wanted to yell at them but fortunately I was speaking on the chat thing instead of over the phone so I did not expose myself as a raging maniac.

Go me!